What's new

Problems with fitting HKS Super sqv with hks intercooler

S

Shade Phoenix

So now im trying to fit the new HKS ssqv, ive removed the battery and the original recirc. So now the space problem comes.

Il post photo with explaination soon today

S

Shade Phoenix

Ive painted it red where the problem begins
I just dont got any space left to fit the bov, anyone got some advices?

S

Shade Phoenix

thanx il try that too.

And a little enginebay wash and polish too after seeing yours;)

Reaction score
As nicley suggested!!

Nicely those are some heavy duty battery terminals!!!!

Anyone know why most jap after market hot pipes have the BOV flange welded on rather then the intake side? I know the theory just seems weird how they place it over there when the stock comes off the intake?

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Was the only decent sized terminals I could get which allowed a nice thick cable into them AND lots of proper connection points for other feeds. They're meant for big audio installs. That photo was when it was slightly bodged. I've now got a huge clamp where the live cable was extended.

M

Mark_s15

Hey m8 :wave:,

That engine bay looks awesome.

I was just wondering where abouts you relocated the windscreen wiper water tank? I am trying to do the same thing (without BOV) and it is a Greddy Spec M Intercooler and have run into a few problems.

I notice also, correct me if i am wrong, that you turned your battery around and set up a new mount. Could you please let me know how you did that.

Thanks for ya time,

Mark

I used a short length of 25mm water hose and it then sat nice and snug in the inner curve of the IC pipe.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Welcome :wave:

The washer bottle is still in the same place :) It simply needs rotating 90 degrees. My FMIC kit came with a bracket to support the bottle in that adjusted position.

The battery has been held in place with a rachet clamp :wack: If you want to do it properly, you will need to fabricate a new clamp.