What's new

Brake setup for your S15

K

kazama

I'm considering either APP or Endless.

What'd you reckon ? Are they plus minus the same ?

colin, no Pro RS for me man. haha.

Reaction score
Mate,

I have used Pro RS for my previous car and it had no issues...in what way are the endless and APP more superior?

G

gunner93

Heard about some stories on it but so far no issues. Probably will be able to tell better once I track the car.

K

kazama

Mate,

I have used Pro RS for my previous car and it had no issues...in what way are the endless and APP more superior?

Senthil,

What car did you use it for previously ? horsepower ? usage type ? what kinda brake setup ?

Colin & Senthil,

Don't get me wrong, its not that I look down on locally made products,
its just that for these type of things, I'd rather pay a little more for that added assurance.
Like for instance, why buy Advan Neovas AD07, Bridgestone RE01R, RE11, when you can buy Silverstones for half the price or less ?
Its that added security that people buy better tires and they perform a lot better than its cheaper counterparts.

Reaction score
Hey Mate,

I understand where you are coming from...i used the Pro RS on my Citroen ZX 16V which had stock calipers and 266mm discs...the car was pumping about 140+ hp at the wheel which is not much compared to the Spec R now...

K

kazama

Hey Mate,

I understand where you are coming from...i used the Pro RS on my Citroen ZX 16V which had stock calipers and 266mm discs...the car was pumping about 140+ hp at the wheel which is not much compared to the Spec R now...

Senthil,

I dont want you to be mistaken for what I said,
wow 140+hp at the wheels. What mods were done to it ?

2OOsxy

I know right up front in this thread there were comments about why would you bother with 6 pot fronts.... but i can highly recommend the setup I have. GReddy 6 pot fronts with 355mm slotted rotors and GReddy 4 pot rears with 330mm slotted rotors - and of course upgraded cylinder, lines and a skyline handbrake.

The brakes are sexy as hell, work incredibly well and have saved my ass on a couple of occassions with idiots on the road. It's well balanced, brilliant pedal feel, and incredibly effective!

of course the fronts will only just fit inside my 19's so a smaller rim would be an issue!

G

gunner93

Anyone can tell if the wheel bearings can be greased? I dont see any nipple points anywhere and does that means its not serviceable?

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
Good job. Looks very nice. Is the Silvia piece a sticker or is it painted?

B

baynz

triplejs15 did you take pics as u done it, would be intersting to see.

T

tripleJs15

No buts its very easy, first i got a stencil made 5/8 x 4 of the silvia, then I used a angle grinder and a 3m 80 grit disc and removed the 'nissan' lettering, I broke the caliper down then powder coated it, you can paint it but I couldn't find high temp gold paint. Then I scuffed it with the red 3m sanding block. Stuck the stencil and sprayed high temp black paint (3 coates) very lightly, then I masked I cleared it with high temp clear.

T

tripleJs15

it's high temp paint, I did use a sticker as a stencil, stickers will look good but wont stand up as long

Reaction score
That is some serious stencil skills... i didnt have the paitence with my brembos... ended up getting some high temp stickers made

G

gunner93

Triple...

One mighty swell job on the calipers you'd done there. :nod: Can you please post one pic with the wheels on and all?

T

tripleJs15

Thanks gunner, I haven't put back on the car, I'll do it on the next day or two and post it up.