Brake setup for your S15

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Gunner - They are home made stickers :thumbs:

Alot of good info on brakes guys :), anyone thought of going for (if they exist) carbon brakes?

S

sillbeers15

A little more information about brake calipers upgrade suitable for the S series cars:

The nissan 2 pot rear from the Z32, R32GT-R, ECR33,34 looks alike. Due to their different part numbers, I'm just not too sure they're same in aluminium housing as the Z32 ones I've purchased. If so, don't let the stock and humble Nissan 2 pot calipers fool you thinking they're good for nothing.
They're very light. They take fully ventalited disc of 18mm thick(stock Z32 rear disc) ...better than AP Racing's 2 pot calipers that cannot take such thick disc!

The other item that is of such as waste is the Z32's aluminium rear subframe. It can bolt straight up onto S15! But only problem is the joint to the rear shocks differ from the S14/S15. It would make it very tedious to get rear shocks for S15 that are of H patten joint to subframe instead of the S15's stock designed O pattern joint!

Reaction score
Website
www.coordsport.com
I'm running standard s15 calipers with ds2500 ferodo pads
front and rear,

Brembo grooved rear discs,
Brembo 315mm front discs,

with goodridge braided hoses front and rear,
castrol srf brake fluid,

Cusco brake stopper kit.

The set i have stops me well, however i will agree with others my Ferodo pads are very dusty :annoyed:

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
My mechanic Chris Wilson sources his own pads for Supras and when I asked him about S15 ones, he managed to source them for my car.

They are quality - need to warm up with normal driving to come alive but I've pushed the car pretty hard on the rare occassion ;) and no fade. Also no more than normal amounts of dust... :)

Recently asked him about changing the front discs to DBA (Disc Brakes Australia) cos they were selling for good price from SRB Power. However, he advised that he's fitted quite a few Supras with DBA's recently and about half of them had problems (think it was warping and/or cracking) so I stayed away. I'm not saying things against DBA cos this is based on other people's advice and maybe discs for Silvias are ok but I wasn't gonna risk it.

He managed to source OEM S15 front discs made by Bendix and these are absolutely fine - seem up to the job.

I didn't feel the need to go aftermarket unless I was willing to change for bigger sized discs etc. Doesn't seem like it's worth the extra money unless I want a different kind of performance such as regular track use etc.

K

kazama

oh ya...the GTR brembo's price is rising every second as we speak. if you got it cheap then its a steal for you. else, its better to just lay your hands on the aftermarket ones.

Maybe the prices are increasing in the US or AUS, because of the cool JDM factor.
" I've got GTR Brembo brakes, yo ! How JDM is that ? :D "

*** Just kidding ***

The brakes here in Malaysia are going for about RM 5000-6000 for the complete front and rear R34 GTR Brembo brakes.
Which are not too bad for an upgrade considering Project MU 2pc rotors costs RM 4000-5000 for a set of 4 not including brake pads.

Keep it coming fellas ! :D

S

sillbeers15

Guys,

One of the latest issues of Option-2 japanese magazine article mentioned about the latest Infitini G37 coupe front 4 pot and rear 2 pot Nissan Calipers and disc rotor suitable for swap to other Nissan models.

The disc are big....if not mistaken it be 350mm dia and 330mm dia for front and rear respectively. The silver coloured brembo look-a-like calipers with 'Nissan' wording looks really good.

Anyone knows if it can be transplanted to S15 chassis directly?

K

kazama

Actually even 355mm fit under 17" rims, BUT only LMGT4s and TE37s.
Best bet for a 17" would be 343, 345, etc.

From a G37, I'm assuming their brakes would be the same as the 350s.
Which means they aren't plug and play, more like plug and PRAY. :D

S

sillbeers15

Nicely,
You're going to need to run 18s, even if they do fit...
The stock G37 coupe which the brakes come from wears 19".

If not for total weight control and rubber limitation (on sizes > 18" for RE55S)...I would have gone to 19"s.

Reaction score
i think 332mm is pretty much the max you can fit under 17". tried with LMGT4 and there is hardly any space left for bigger ones.

P

Paul2x

Sorry to bring this back from the dead, but Does anyone know where I can source a R33/34 Brake Master Cylinder?

I have R34' Brembos' on all 4 corners and haveing some braking issues when the ABS comes on so i think it's b/c i have yet to upgrade the BMC.

J

JDM JUNKIE

Hey Paul. Does it have to be a R34? I found R32 and R33 ones for sale... let me know if I can help you out. Just PM me what you need, and if I can't find it I know some people who can.
Laters

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
I'm planning to change my BMC for a Z32 one, once i have the Rear R33 Brembo's on. Anyone know if these are the same as say and R33 one, or should i try find and R33 BMC?

G

gunner93

Z32, R32, R33 & R34 rear rotors are the same 297mm x 18mm thick ventilated. The weight unfortunately doubles that of S15. With both rotors and hand brake assy, the incremental unsprung weight adds up to about 8-9kg. :(