What's new

Front lower ball joints.

Reaction score
S15 front lower ball joints are the same as S14 ones...

for anyone wanting/needing to change the these.... you WILL need to remove the whole bottom arm and use a press! they won't just simply hammer out.

It too 4 tones of pressure to remove mine today.

Really, should've got some pictures of how..... but basically, you need a metal "sleeve" placed on the underside of the arm, round the outside of the ball joint itself... cut off the rubber boot, then a sleeve (we used a deep socket) long enough to clear the threads of the joint, that fitted on the metal of the ball joint base. Put in the press, and start pumping.

BEWARE make sure what you're using is strong, and solid.... stuff slipping out of a press at them sort of pressures is enough to kill! Also, the pressure in the press, if "exploded" is enough to kill.... that sorta force behind the hydraulic fluid is enough to penetrate the skin...

Good day after all! :)

S

sillbeers15

Are U refering to the ball joints at the end of the tierods?

If so, U actually need to install aftermarket ones that are adjustable as most of us lower our rides because:

1. The stock ball joint is not accurately feeding back steering situation and control.
2. The stock ball joint is under severe stress so it will not last as well.

Reaction score
no, not the ones on the tie rods...

the ones on the lower suspension arms....

lower ball joints, not track rod ends. :)

130r

I did that just a month ago but it is no the OEM stuff
It is the Roll Center Adjuster.

First off It raise your car by around 1 cm. It has a reverse effect on double wishbone equipped car where it wiil be lowered by 1 cm.

With the revised geometry the car feels much better and man it really reduce the body roll by quite a margin. It is quite similar to having thicker anti roll bar but i can feel there are some different but i just can't explain it yet.

S

ShawnS15

best to change front n rear or front enough?
as my front one is going to spoil...

any brand to recommend??

Reaction score
i just changed my fronts as they were the only ones needing changing.

brand,..... what ever you can get hold of. Nissan i believe won't sell you just the joint, you'd have to get a full bottom arm from them.

M

Matt_S

Moog make the balljoints in the US. If that helps. And youre right - Nissan will only sell the entire arm. That goes for front and rear too. They said to me its cos the arms are quite fragile and if not done carefully you could bend them :wack:

S

ShawnS15

haha ok..
how about the moonface or greddy one? is that gd? for moonface have 2 type normal and pro type...

Reaction score
i don't quite get how they say the arm is fragile.... they have a reinforced ring round the ball joint. support the arm with a sleeve on that ring then apply pressure to the ball joint. then do the reverse to re-insert the joint. had no problems with doing mine at all.

just a nice bang when they finally popped out.

S

ShawnS15

how the moonface one though.. if i wanna get that which shld i get? the normal or the PRO type as they have 2..