What's new

Recommended Rubber

J

japcar_junkie

Hi Guys,

Need a litle recommendation if you can spare 5, thought my S15 was seriously loosing power the past week but after my mates supra had a blow out last week thought i'd check my tyres to find from the middle to the inside wall was virtually slick (hence the loss of power through wheel spinning on these wet days lol)

Money's a little tight following xmas and just moving house so if the options are safe i need to work to a tighter budget.

Also any ideas on correcting this uneven wear, i was going to take it in for allignment but if its anything like my old FTO i'll need additional mods to change this.

Cheers

P

Pazz

Rubber wise if you have the cash I'd go for Pirelli P-Zero's Nero or Rosso. Dont expect them to last very long but they are the closest thing to a track tire in my oppinion.

As for the uneven wear: Is the car lowered? Most likely be a camber issue. Will need to buy some adjustable arms.

Reaction score
you'll see the same references.... eagal F1's, Toyo T1R's and Falken 452's....

all highly rated on the s14's and s15's....

S

sillbeers15

I'm waiting to comment on the RE55S after I get them installed and tested (60 days wait).....S03s are useless to me me in handling >320hp@wheel, just too much wheel spin!

Reaction score
I'm waiting to comment on the RE55S after I get them installed and tested (60 days wait).....S03s are useless to me me in handling >320hp@wheel, just too much wheel spin!
You'll love the RE55S great grip:thumbs: but you won't get the milage:down:

S

sillbeers15

They're not available in Singapore either.

Hence I have to wait for 60 days delivery.

J

japcar_junkie

Anyone on here used Federal SS595, a mate of mine has them on his Supra and just had a 2nd set fitted, so he's highly recommending them. Plus i'v just been searching the net to find a few articles stating they're the choice tyre amongst the japanese drift scene

http://forums.nicoclub.com/zerothread/213561

Im not planning on running track days nor is the car used daily for long distances, just want a nice sticky tyre that will let me put my foot down but also give a little fun around the corners.

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Goodyear Eagle F1's, fitted them after hearing good things on SXOC, i moved to them from Pirelli P6000's. Difference was night and day, love the F1's for a road tire, they dont last very well on the track though.