What's new

HELP! 1 Step Behind Std

A

auxoura

I've got a wierd problem that I hope someone can help me with.

Previously I have ask Nicely for advice on what to change and he adviced me based on the symptoms I told him which were misfiring on low revs and sluggish and irregular power.

I changed my coils, sparkplugs, and O2 sensor and finally installed an Emanage and did a dyno.

When I dyno I found that my fueling was so lean that it was killing my engine. My peak lean AFR was at between 3650 to 4200 which was about close to 14 AFR. I tried adding fuel with my Emanage but on load, the car will just jerk. On idle however I am able to do so.

So I decided to drop in a walbro and AEM regulator and fix my leaks (there was a hole in FMIC piping). My regulator was set to 3.5bar and I redyno. The dyno results came out better but still leaner than stock. I will post the dyno chart tmr that compares my car with Gunner's car.

His car is using stock airbox, turbo elbow and stock regulator and fuel pump and he is getting better AFR than I am. I even tried swaping MAF with another car and the results are the same.

Not to forget ar 5500 to 5800 rev my chart drops from 11.9 to 11 AFR and drop by 20 bhp drastically while Gunner's car graph is relatively constant.

After dyno, we decided to bypass the Emanage by jumping the sockets, Immediately after we are unable to start the car. Key at ignition position the is power going to the ecu, but when I crank, the ECU power gets cut. They suspect its my alarm but my alarm does not have an immobilizer. I tried the ecu on another S15 and it works fine. Now my car is drawing direct power from key.

Anyone can assist? This really cause me alot of sleepless nights....lolz

The graph ha been updated. The red is mine and the green is gunner's...

Bear in mind that red (mine) has walbro and fuel regulator..

Last edited:

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
just some thoughts. A simple one, but have you changed the fuel filter? Try blowing some compressed air along the fuel lines, maybe you have a blocked line. Also I am not sure if the fuel tank has a breather, but you may want to check to see if it is blocked. It would be like trying to suck through a blocked straw. Also what fuel are you using? high octane fuel?

Last edited:
A

auxoura

I'll give the filter a check but the pressure was contant all the way. About th fuel tank im not sure about the breather....hmmm

in Malaysia we use 98ron :D

G

gunner93

Shell V-Power here is only RON97 but they claimed it has superior additives. :rolleyes: RM2.15 per ltr.

G

gunner93

ouh....my bad....97RON :rotfl:
Its some sort of grey area here... some vouched V-power is above 97. Some Shell Malaysia guys said so - :rolleyes: Down under its 100 and its different RON in other countries.

Anyway back to your car... sometimes cranky sensors can have these PITA symptoms. If you have a chance to plug in a consult to check for any abnormal readings, at least if thats ok, you can hold your peace and strike it off the list. :nod:

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
What gunner said. maybe a sensor.

A

auxoura

The graph ha been updated. The red is mine and the green is gunner's...

Bear in mind that red (mine) has walbro and fuel regulator..

G

gunner93

Aux,

Below 4000rpm which takes 90% of our ride time your car's FC must be higher. However mine got rich after 4000rpm and probably lost some power there as well.