What's new

leaking water line

Reaction score
So i get up on my day off to find that ive got a puddle of coolant under the car? After jacking up the car and doing a quick search i discover that the water line on the turbo is leaking on the banjo bolt?? Is this a common fault with the standard lines? Ive got braided ones to go on but thats when i have a bit more time. I also noticed that i was missing a bolt on the turbo elbow, im thinking this could have caused some vibration which in turn loosened the banjo bolt.

Reaction score
ye ive checked the whole pipe, had the car up on the ramp and running after i nipped the banjo and the leak seems to have stopped? Just waiting on some new washers and bolts and the braided lines will be going on asap

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
its most likely to be the turbo inlet pipe buddy its happened to be i had them replace once at nissan but still crack best just go for some braided lines asap mate...:thumbs:

P

Paddy

i'd agree with nicely about the pipes cracking. very difficult to see the crack with out removing the pipe.

i had a similar problem... i tightened the bolt on my turbo and the leak seemed to stop, but it came back very quickly... the pipe probably just moved or twisted enough to close the crack in it... but the next day it was back:cry:

if i were you i'd put braided lines to be safe

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
banjo u can get from nissan iam sur eu can get the bolt aswell but i would bother puting the same pipes bak on
just get the braided ones and fit them together buddy it will save u money and time in the long run

Reaction score
thats the plan mate, no time off work at the moment so im ordering some parts and ill do the lot after christmas :) just in time for a new mapping session ;)