What's new

HKS EVC V - Vacume Hoses?

SR2O

Reaction score
HKS EVC V - Vacuum Hoses?

Hi Guys,

Started installing my HKS EVC V (http://www.nengun.com/hks/evc-v) today. I've wired everything up but I would like some confirmation on how the vacumme lines should be. I'll give you a rundown of what I have done..

Instructions given:

I've removed the original boost controller that sat on the passenger side strut tower. Should the boost control have been left (minus lines) as there is a harness going to it?:

The vacuum lines (air filter intake & hotpipe) that went to this controller are unplugged. The hotpipe line was originally T'ed in with the line going to the wastegate actuator and the original boost control. The instructions specify that the middle nipple (I) should be hooked up to a source before the throttle body, so I would assume this should be the hotpipe line? The air filter intake line should be blocked off. Correct?

The HKS control unit has been mounted where the original item was and I have hooked up the left nipple (O) to the wastegate actuator as per the instructions:

Now where I start to doubt things is with the right nipple (B) which is supposed to be T'ed into the line going to the Fuel Pressure Regulator. Seems simple enough, but the instructions mention using the supplied 4mm hose to hook into this, however the actual hose on the FPR is 6mm. A 6mm hose was also given but was supposed to be used on the wastegate (done) and a line going into the intake just before the throttle body (as above, to be confirmed)

Neither hose is anywhere near long enough. The only way I can see to do this is to get a 4mm hose that is long enough to make it to the FPR and then get a T piece adaptor that will accept the 4mm hose from the HKS control and plug into the 6mm hose used by the FPR. Does this sound right?

The other area of concern I have is around this other boost sensor that is mounted on the driver's side radiator support, I have no idea what the hell it is:

It has a vacuum line going to the underside of the intake manifold and also another line going to this black canister (carbon/charcol cannister?)

What am I supposed to do with these things?

Sorry for the long post guys, I would rather get this right than guess. Your help is appreciated!

Last edited:

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
1 hose to IC-pipe
1 hose to wastegate

The last hose which I think is the one you're having problems with is for boost readings.
I teed mine to the hose which goes to the stock Boost gauge sender.
You know, that one that usually splits :)
Didn't you get a tee connection with the kit? It should fit that hose nicely :)

SR2O

Reaction score
Ok, so what do I do (if anything) with this?:

One line goes to the carbon/charcole cannister, the other to the intake manifold

Also does the original boost controller need to be kept in place as it has a wiring harness going to it? Thanks

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Unless you are planning on removing your carbon canister, leave that sensor. All it does is decide how the canister controls the fuel vapour, like an on/off valve. Older canisters, like those on S14s, had a more basic version of this as part of the actual canister.