What's new

T28BB maximum boost?

A

alexfalk

I would like to know what max boost is considered to be ok with the T28BB? (Answer in BAR would be appreciated)

I tried tp search for it but could not find anything.

J

j0nbubz

Anything over 1.2-3 bar will be getting dangerous for the T28BB turbo.

For stock injectors + fuel pump, max 1 bar is recommend..

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
I think it's about 1.2Bar with a good tune.
Don't know if you'll need uprated cams though to make the most of it.
The tuner should notice when the turbo runs out of puff :)

With standard map and supporting mods, 0.8Bar is regarded safe.
Should land you close to 250whp.

By the way. Did you ever get a S15?
Good to keep track of the numbers here in Sweden as some import companies are bringing some in, but I don't think they have sold any.
I currently only know about 3 privately owned. 4 if you got one :)

A

alexfalk

Thanks for the fast replies

Then I will settle for the stock turbo for the comming season.

I once had a sheet to calculate what injectors to get. But I unfortunetly lost it. Could someone help me to calculate wich ones to get with 1,2 bar in boost with the T28 BB?

What boost are you running on yours Yakozan?

Yes I got one and my friend bought one at the same time. So we shipped them together in a 40ft container. Mine is Blue and my friends is orange.

I?m just working my ass of to get my new workshop together so I can start taking it apart.

I also have some costumers that are interested in S15s right now, so the number might increase a bit more.

I?m getting far OT right now but I just have to say tht it?s incredible to drive. It almost feels like an NA engine. Really nice power graph.
Also mine is running 235mm tyres in front ant rear. I expected it to be a bit worried on public roads. But it handles lika a god. Incredibly well tuned suspension.

Reaction score
Really :eek: They shouldn't....
well only higher up in the gears, car was mapped at 98% duty and sometimes it does reach 100% so ive backed off on the gears alot until the 740's go in. In saying that my boost does reach 0.9bar sometimes when it colder outside.

Reaction score
Isn;t it best practice not to run injectors past 80% duty. Heard they can overheat and fail?