What's new

S14.5 Conversion

C

ChrisWoodward

Hi there, I'm pretty new to the scene (but I am a mechanic) so may be asking a dumb question. How was the rear end conversion done? I assumed the roof was a different shape and the rears were welded?
Please enlighten me, I like the idea of buying an S14a and attempting this.

Car looks awesome by the way you have done a great job.

Reaction score
I actually had access to an entire S15 back half and also the entire roof and pillar setup so the rear conversion was a cut and shut affair and the door sills and whatnot were removed and replaced with S15 ones and then the entire front end was gutted and done over. If I were to do it again I would have got an S15 shell and transfer most of the parts over. The main things that were not tampered with is my S14 flooring and chassis and firewall area. In my country you are not allowed to tamper with those items, I only attempted this because I got a rolled S14 that had too much exterior work to fix and the chassis was straight, it got done but took way too long moving from shop to shop. Came out alright though.

Reaction score
Country
hi trini i like your conversion and your message box is full so i can get to send you message