What's new

JDM OEM Boost gauge sensor

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
The blitz boost gauge iv got fitted isnt connected, Now iv found the end of the cable in the bay sitting tie wrapped up in the corner below the VIN plate.

Iv found 'i think' where it needs to go, on the RH strut there is a metal thing bolted onto it with which looks like a smaller black plug below it with no input as such.

The problem is the wire coming off the gauge isnt much of anything just like a bolt. So where would i be able to get something to connect the two up???

After a look last night we think i have a boost leak, so need the gauge wired up to check.

Cheers
-Mint

Reaction score
Country
Your blitz gauge is mechanical or electronic??

If it's electronic, it should have it's own boost sensor that you need to plug it in to work

I'm not sure where ppl usually tap the boost on the mechnical gauge

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
For my mechanical gauge, I jus tapped it off a 3mm vacuum hose that came off the inlet mainfold. 3mm 'T' piece and away you go.

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
hmmorz.. tbh i aint got a scooby doo lol. When it comes to this turbo'd stuff im clueless.. lol.

I'll take some snaps if scotland finds the sun today lol!

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
Right went to my local mechanic and hes told me it is a mechanical gauge and the thing i need to connect is an actual pressure thing so he's told me i cant really use the 'T' thing ontop of the inlet as it needs to be a thick pipe due to the boost pressure it'll be using.

He's also told me to try find a Blitz kit that will make things alot easier, but iv looked and cant find them damm gauges anywhere!

Had anyone got some sorta pic of where i should connec this too?

p.s. Im hella sorry about this noobish questions lol i'll get the hang of things soon ^_^ Cheers for your help tho guys.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
This will tell you everything you need to know :)

However, there should be an existing boost take-off which used to go to the boost sensor on the driver's suspension strut. That take off is from the boost hose going to the recirc valve shown in the diagram in the link above.