What's new

Removing airbag

Reaction score
Has anybody tried to take the passenger airbag lid out? Tried to take the dash out there but dont want to set off the airbag.

Does it just pop out?

Reaction score
Country
Cant see anyway in taking out the passenger airbag from the topside. My guess would be starting from the glove box and work your way up.

If you dont want to set off the airbag, disconnect the battery first. Then the airbag wouldnt function

O

oilrag22

I stray current might set it off... in theory. So safest way to remove an airbag unit, is by disconnecting the battery negative. This way there is no possible way for anything or anyone to set off the pyrotechnic unit.

Access can be found by removing the glove compartment. Disconnect the airbag connector. BY my best knowledge you will need Torx 50 to undo the unit from the body.

Reaction score
Yes disconnect the battery, remove the glovebox and underneath there you will see a couple of nuts that need removing, I tihnk four in all, once removed and the air bad wiring clip unplugged the air bag should just pop right out. I actually removed mine two weeks ago and I and going to remove the skin from the air bag unit and replace it with a custom gauge setup that will once the accessory switch is engaged will swing open via an actuator and display the gauges underneath the airbag, three Defi gauges.

Reaction score
Yes disconnect the battery, remove the glovebox and underneath there you will see a couple of nuts that need removing, I tihnk four in all, once removed and the air bad wiring clip unplugged the air bag should just pop right out. I actually removed mine two weeks ago and I and going to remove the skin from the air bag unit and replace it with a custom gauge setup that will once the accessory switch is engaged will swing open via an actuator and display the gauges underneath the airbag, three Defi gauges.
Thats sounds so cool, so you going to remove the air bad totally and replace it with the gauges.

Post some pictures please....

Reaction score
Country
let us have a look now! :)

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
when you've disconnected the battery put the lights on and leave it a half hour before touching the airbags. as far as i know they have a capacitor fitted so that in the event of loss of power in an accident, they still have something to trigger the bag with. this was for other cars but the principle should be the same with all......not gospel....:)

M

Madrocky

Please guide us steps by steps how to make this happen. Its been a long time i'm figuring out how to insert defi's into air bang area.