What's new

s14 diff

P

Paddy mack

ok hears how it goes... i can get my hands on a diff out of a s14a for free, just woundering will it fit the s15 spec S, i've got a helical diff and i want try out a normal lsd (to see if i could live with it) before i splash out on a nismo/cusco item, will the houseing just bolt in or willi have to fit into my housing???

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Should be a straight swap so long as you've got the S14 half shafts too.

Are you planning on going drifting? If not, you'd be mad to change...

P

Paddy mack

no i don't think i'll be going drifting, just want to see what it would be like with a diff that will maintain a slide, cause the helical pulls me out off it once i get a bit too sideways, maybe i'll like it!! anyways the diff is going for nothing.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
You will find the back end will go out easier with the Viscous diff. You'll also find that it'll go out a lot less predictably...

Reaction score
I agree the Viscous diff was Really unpredictable. Mad to change! But I thought it kept you straighter - like an open diff - easier to drive but overall - slower and :ghey:

I find the helical diff much better sideways??? random??!!!

P

Paddy mack

I am trying sell the car and alot of irish lads just want rwd for doing doe-nuts. so the helical diff just isn't up to that (thank god) personal i love the helical diff, having come from a EVO IV which makes you think your a driving God its all the better I had the Helical or i would have most likely ended up in a tree!
any how i need a saloon now so if the next guy wants a twitchy s15 i'll fit a s14 diff for them!
this what I'm hoping to replace s15 with...

mmm bmw e39....

Reaction score
don't get it??! Vicous diff takes longer to 'lock' (know the helical never actually locks but feels like it does) and doesn't do it so well....

Was mine special?!?!