What's new

R34 GT Brake Upgrade

Reaction score
I decided to create a new post rather than cluttering other people's post. I am in the process of upgrading to the R34 Rotors and calipers. Just got them in and wanna put them on as soon as. Also decided to pick up a set of braided lines and some Motul 600. Actually I have several combinations home that I wanna try. I have the stock GTR 32 front and rear brakes, the rear R33 brake setup, a big brake front setup I got for next to nothing with 13" rotors and some calipers, don't know where it came from but the boltup is not Nissan and then the R34 non-brembo 310mm front rotors and Nissan Calipers. I want to use the R34 setup but does anyone know whether the calipers and rotors will be a direct bolt-on unlike the Brembos being that they are 310mm and I am using the R34 Nissan calipers, for the back I am using the R33 setup which is suppose to be plug and play. Would I need to fabricate brackets for the calipers being that I have 310mm rotors?

If I do indeed need brackets does anyone have a template to fabricate these or a place that these can be purchased?

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Don't think you'll need spacers. But I suspect that you'll need to drill out the holes for the bolts on the front.
Not sure though. All I know is that it's needed for the R34GTR calipers. Not sure about the GT-T ones. Stock is M12 (i think) and the R34GTR uses M14. The pitch differs too. I think there is a thread about it somewhere on the SXOC which I read recently.

Edit: oh and you'll need a new handbrake setup for the Brembo rears :)

Reaction score
Are you'll sure I won't need brackets? If so drilling out is not a problem. I also have the bolts for the R34 calipers if that helps. I'm gonna try and mock it up today and see what happens.

Last edited: