What's new

Exhaust Q

Reaction score
Should be getting my first "proper" piece of kit for my car, hurrah!!!
I know this question has been asked before, so please dont shout at me!!!
im looking at the Apex s14/a twin exit system (front pipe, decat, rear section & box) will this fit straight on, i seem to remember nicely saying it will stick out a wee bit, and if i uprate the......turbo....or something like that i could encounter problems, but apart from that it will be fine, is that correct???
(sorry to double up on this Q as i know its been asked before)
:)

Reaction score
I think the s14a has difrferent hanger positions. My s14a exhaust would not fit my s15.

If you are changing all the exhaust, change the elbow as well, as it's very restrictive. And if you do the elbow do the gaskets and oil/water lines too..... blimey it never ends :)

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
why do u want a twin exit exhaust it will look very much the same as what u will have as standard tho.....
get one which fits properly dont bother in trying to save that little bit of money as u will just have problems....

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Kango's said what I would :nod:

Remember though: you need an S14 elbow, S14 front pipe, S15 decat (S14/a WON'T fit). If you replace any gasket touching the turbo, you want Nissan originals ONLY. The ones you get with an elbow are crap.

I would strongly recommend getting your elbow and front pipe from THS Performance. You won't find better for price and quality :thumbs: Their's is a flexi pipe too :)

Reaction score
Thanks very much for the tips guys, muchly appreciated.
I worry about "problems" so i will definately plum for a S15 system.
I liked the look of the back box, im a bit bored of the round 5" look, i want to try and keep things looking as subtle as possible to, but its all down to personal opinion i guess.
I will keep looking, i keep going back to Nengun, but i dont know how much extra i will end up paying for.....(is it duty tax??? or something like that) :confused:

Reaction score
ok, thats always worth noting, just, for instance the HKS hi-power exhaust system, with the EPS international shipping comes out at ?387 ish. Is that all i would pay? or is there a chance i could be stung when it reaches the UK and have to pay anything else???

Reaction score
As Nicely said, get the THS parts, they are great. I have had them on a few months now and have had no problems. Sounds great too.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
ok, thats always worth noting, just, for instance the HKS hi-power exhaust system, with the EPS international shipping comes out at ?387 ish. Is that all i would pay? or is there a chance i could be stung when it reaches the UK and have to pay anything else???
My HKS Silent Hi-Power and front pipe came from Nengun marked 'warranty returned auto parts' and came through customs no problem. As has every other parcel marked the same. That's a lot of parcels... Don't ask for the value to be marked down though. It'll effect insurance if it gets lost...

You'll pay a Paypal/CC commission on top of that price. That's pretty standard with all Jap suppliers.

Reaction score
Thanks nicely, so it is definately worth shipping parts then, i keep going back to Nengun just im a wee bit nervous about ordering from abroad, but it clearly is lots cheaper so i would be a fool not to. thanks!
:thumbs:

Reaction score
one more......(sorry to be such a dunce!)
Just looking at the link you sent for THS, the elbow & downpipe for S14a, would that fit with a HKS Hi-power exhaust then??

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Well, it fits with mine... :D You WILL need to get the front pipe support bracket moved though. The original bracket won't go over the 3" pipe and the bracket on the new pipe doesn't line up on the S15. Its very important to have the front pipe supported to stop forward movement which can crack manis and blow turbo gaskets.