What's new

Brake pads

japmadlad

Reaction score
Country
both front & rear pads are showing their age & are needing replaced soon. was just wondering wat pads wud be reccommended & were is best to get them? currently have EBC redstuff pads. Are the pads the same as S14A/S14 or any other cars ( eg skyline??? )

Thanks guys

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
i wouldnt use EBC i just dont like them i would go for jap branded like endless project mu or stuff like ferodo yeh i think they are the same as S14 ones

japmadlad

Reaction score
Country
yea not fussed on the EBC redstuff pads. not as good as I was expecting. Jono had them on the car when I bought it so I just left them on until now. Do the 14A have the 4 pots up front?

M

mitch

The Project Mu rears are excellent but dusty and sometimes squeal a bit. I can live with that for the handbrake performance they provide though.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
I would say Porterfield R4-S (very good and reasonably priced), Ferodo DS2500 (very good but fooking expensive), or EBC YELLOW Stuff (very good and reasonably priced).

I'm running Yellow Stuff Aston pads on the front and they're great :)

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Another Ferado runner :wave:, i like them, they dont bite to well when cold, be heat quickly. they are also dusty and expensive. but again, are very good :thumbs:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Some people have had some very bad experiences with DS2500s on track. But then, I expect you could find someone who had had a bad experience with every brand. All I'd say is that, in my experience, DS2500s aren't worth the difference in price. They're good, but not twice-the-price-of-the-competition-good.

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Fair enough, and when mine are due for change(not long now), i'll give these Porterfeilds you suggested. But if they are crap, i'm going back to Ferado's :D

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
I've been impressed by the Yellow Stuff so far. I don't go on track much though, and that's the only place it'd make any difference.

japmadlad

Reaction score
Country
I think I might go with the driftworks package of the ferodo ds2500 on the front & the project Mu on the rear. I have a week off next week & they should arrive in time so I'll be able to fit them then.

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
well i always get my pads from hong kong as i viist every yr so i just buy a set each time i go bak and i always have a set sitting here for me lol

japmadlad

Reaction score
Country
Hasanyone ever used or hear anything bout black diamond pads??? I know a few focus ST owners who use these and I can pick them up for bout ?108 full set ( front+rear )

S

S1Five

i recommend both ferodo ds2500 and endless ccx

tried them both on the track and held on well for 6 laps +
the endless has a slighter higher friction so it will clamp slightly harder but they also generate alot of dust compared to ds2500 (they have quite a bit of dust already)