What's new

Irritating "tick sound" help pls....

Reaction score
Website
www.imperial-concepts.com
Hi all, recently somewhere around my Glove compartment "somewhere inside the dash area" seems to have this weird "tick tick" or "tock tock" sound....Its really very irritating. I tried to see or even squeeze my hand to the top of the glove compartment but there is this metal piece thing that blocks me from goin in. So i practically cant see or feel what create that noise inside. i tried to see if it was anything from the engine bay but apparently i dont think so.

Is there anyway we can see what is beneath the dash thats hitting? Its just somewhere around the dash area but i just cant seems to see whats inside that is making that "tick" noise....Can any kind soul help or share experiences....Would really appreciate it.

D

Derek

Maybe your watch came off when you put your arm up? Or maybe a bomb. Seriously tho i never had that sort of noise. We've all had the steering wheel ticking alright.

J

j0nbubz

Any thread on how to fix the steering wheel ticking? I only just got it a week ago.. =)

J

j0nbubz

Surprisingly, I don't have many interior rattles.. im not this has issue has been beaten hundreds of times.. but I'd still love to find out why the steering wheel ticks when turning alot of rotations

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
My dash creaks on the left hand side, sounds like it rubbing against the door, and the steering rattle, now the arm rest on centre console has started to rattle.

Reaction score
Website
www.hoodoo.co.nz
Country
I fixed the steering wheel vibration by cutting a small piece of windscreen wiper, and wedging it into the top/back of the casing that goes over the airbag/horn bit. You can't really see it, and it works really well.

P

pablo

i can here my greedy boost solenoid ticking? insulation or moving it stops it

G

gunner93

i can here my greedy boost solenoid ticking? insulation or moving it stops it
Yeah mine too. Just use back factory mounts with rubbers. They are very well done for dampening the stepper. :thumbs: