What's new

drift button

P

pikie

Hi has anyone fitted a drift button to there s15? is it possible to make the s15 e brake function like the 86 re unscrew the ratchet while driving then tighten again to return to stock ratchet function?

Reaction score
ive just put on the yashio button, cant seem to get the handbrake back to normal again, i know what a retard :p any tips?

A

Ansch

duct tape... cheapo version.... maybe can find some duct tape in the yashio pink colour :)

Reaction score
Country
dont you have to remove the plastic over the handbrake handle then drop the spring off then replace the plastic and thats it.

to get it park you pull the handbrake then hold it and pull the button out. with the button in it wont lock therefore great for drift lock on rear brakes.

but as i found out its totally useless if you dont have a rear drum brake as it wont lock on the standard s15 rear brakes. not without a high amount of force on it anyway, ie two hands yanking it.

M

mitch

I have Project Mu pads on the rear of mine and it locks up fine, mate. You can get them mail order from the Driftworks shop. I still want to do a drum handbrake conversion and I have all the bits, I just need to find time to fit them.

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Not sure where the part fits, cant you just pull the cable through the handbrake lever more, making it tighter and not needing so much force to put it on?

Reaction score
Country
the links go behind the rear cailpers they replace the existing ones and they also increase the leverage force so you dont need to apply more force on the ebrake handle to lock it as you would on the standard system. make more sense if you ask me.

T

tass15

i fitted a set of the lever arms to the rear calipers of a mates 180sx, made squat all difference, i was fitting a hydraulic setup on it inside a week lol. that made it awsome. just cant park on a hill anymore. lol.

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
hmm thats not soo good, What disc/pad set up was he running? I hear that makes a differance, If you have a set of Endless pads or something to similar effect they should lock up.

T

tass15

cant remember pad combo, it was about 6 months ago now, i do know they were a softer 'drift' compound. sorry if i put a damper on things. lol. may work better with new calipers etc, but all the s series cars have the same rear caliper design.

T

tass15

they would maybe worth a try if only cheap, as long as u have soft pads, my s15 was better on handbrake than his 180, so may make a usable difference.