What's new

Front Caliper Upgrade

B

BigPhil

I've got R34 GTR Brembo's on the front and R34 GTT setup on the rear of my S15.. Front disk is 340mm.. Had to redrill the fronts to fit and the rears were a huge pain..

I find (with std pads) they are a bit better than the stock setup with Mintex Pads.. So pretty good really..

Looking at going to a Project Mu pad shortly..

d.

Reaction score
Will the R33GTR brakes fit inside 17" prodrive GC-05F rims?

I was looking at a staggered set of 17 x 7.5 with an offset of 34 front, and 17 x 8.5 with an offset of 44 rear. However now that I would like to fit bigger brakes, what offsets will I require?

The options are listed at:
http://www.prodrive-japan.com/products/gc_05f/size.html

Alternatively, what would be the best bolt on upgrade to fit beneath the GC-05F's?

Also, are the R33GTR brakes drilled? If so, is this likely to cause any trouble?

Reaction score
I tried looking for some Project Mu calipers, but couldnt find prices.

slammedmind - Where you get those from, how much? They 6 pots? I'd be happy with 4 pots me thinks as the power of the stock caliper is enough, just dont want to be taking them apart every couple of thouw

Also, i have 310mm front discs with brackets, so would like to keep those if i could to try keep costs down.
Can you post pics of the brackets as I am in the process of upgrading to the R34 Rotors and calipers. Just got them in and wanna put them on as soon as. Also decided to pisk up a set of braided lines and some Motul 600. Also, any pics of them on your car? Were the brackets fabricated or you bought them as is?

Actually I have several combinations home that I wanna try. I have the stock GTR 32 front and rear brakes, the rear R33 brake setup, a big brake front setup I got for next to nothing with 13" rotors and some calipers, don't know where it came from but the boltup is not Nissan and then the R34 non-brembo 310mm front rotors and Nissan Calipers. I want to use the R34 setup but does anyone know whether the calipers and rotors will be a direct bolt-on unlike the Brembos being that they are 310mm and I am using the R34 Nissan calipers, for the back I am using the R33 setup which is suppose to be plug and play.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Can you post pics of the brackets as I am in the process of upgrading to the R34 Rotors and calipers. Just got them in and wanna put them on as soon as. Also decided to pisk up a set of braided lines and some Motul 600. Also, any pics of them on your car? Were the brackets fabricated or you bought them as is?

Actually I have several combinations home that I wanna try. I have the stock GTR 32 front and rear brakes, the rear R33 brake setup, a big brake front setup I got for next to nothing with 13" rotors and some calipers, don't know where it came from but the boltup is not Nissan and then the R34 non-brembo 310mm front rotors and Nissan Calipers. I want to use the R34 setup but does anyone know whether the calipers and rotors will be a direct bolt-on unlike the Brembos being that they are 310mm and I am using the R34 Nissan calipers, for the back I am using the R33 setup which is suppose to be plug and play.
Yeah what I said above.

Reaction score
whats required to make the r33 rear brakes work? Do they have the independant drum like the z32 rear setup or is it just the caliper and disk?