What's new

Number Plates

B

b17duf

Morning,

Finally got my documents back from the DVLA for my number plate but and struggling to find any where to make a small front number plate. Can anybody recommend somewhere to get one from?

Thanks

B17DUF

B

b17duf

Ordered my Plates through "fancy plates" Took a week to arrive but where good quality. Recommended if your not in a rush for them?

B17DUF

Reaction score
Country
Remember to specify them to make the size of plate and font as small as possible for an import within legality.

The sizes are specified on the DVLA website but they should know anyway (as im sure they get lots of requests).

B

b17duf

Will be out the bodyshop on saturday so will post a nice little thread up showing what i've been up to in the past month.

B17DUF

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Lol. For the first time in over two years, I got pulled for my plate! Police were doing spot checks in the middle of Salisbury on Saturday evening. Guy said it didn't conform to the required standard. I said 'its an import'. He said 'I know, but its too small'. I said 'it meets the DVLA requirements for imports'. He said 'oh, I recall something about import sizes' and went off to look at my front plate again. By the time he was back, I'd grabbed the DVLA requirements I keep in the glovebox :p He said 'actually I've seen a lot worse and, after checking, I'm happy with the size of the lettering'.

:p :D

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
wow nicely got pulled ahahah.. oh well i only got pulled last time and got my plate check cuz i was drive a tad quick lol into and bad estate haha...but all they said was its too small but i know mine like a tiny bit smaller ther ur nicely i remember we check last time...

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
Iv just been pulled tonight for my plates.. AGAIN!

Got done on my birthday when i fitted my private plates and they pulled me over tonight.. Not too chuffed like, didnt get done either time but they pulled me anyway.

Im this second looking for the DVLA document so i can keep in my glove box for future situations.

D

Dawgg

I am just about to place an order for my number plates. I don't have the car yet, so can someone confirm the width of the standard rear plate aperture? Most seem to be 13" but there is a 14" option and I want the plate to be nice and 'snug'.