What's new

Dump / Blow off Valve .. PSSSHT!

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
:wave: howdy guys!

Im interested to hear what a standard S15 sounds like, my mate kyle had a turbo'd golf and he got a new dump valve for it which made it sound well differant.

My other buddy Jay has a S/Charged is200 and his thing sounds fiarly crazy lol.

Anyone got sound clips? Or whats the best Dump valve that you guys rock? OEM or Aftermarket? i dont know anything much to do with FI to be honest like.

Gotta learn somewhere tho.
Mint

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
The standard BOV doesn't make any noise. Aftermarket BOVs to atmosphere are just plain :ghey: , plus they'll make the drive as jerky as fook. Do it the proper way and get a proper BOV that recirculates (like a HKS SSQV and adapter) and replace the existing BOV with it :nod: The pigeon noise sounds much more :cool: than the :ghey: Pssht... :nod:

Here's what full-on pigeon sounds like :)

Pigeon

Wouldn't be as loud, but you get the idea :)

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
ok cool, just away to listen to it, here's the one i seen in japan doing some drifting

hmm for some reason that sound file wont buff past like 4seconds..

Last edited:
P

POC

Mine as the pigeon sound already is there something after market thats making that sound. I have a BOV to fit just an atmospere one, will that take away the pigeon sound cos like that better!

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
that pigeon sound is what i thought it wud be like, amazing.

So what company makes that sort of BOV and i mean IS it just a simple case of replacing the OEM one? Thanks for this and excuse my noobish behavour ;)

Reason being im away to look at a few 15's in a couple weeks fingers crossed.. but shhh :p

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
No, you'll get pigeon if you run without a BOV or recirc valve. Its back pressure playing on the impeller blades. You will still get it to a degree if you recirc (especially with A'PEXi filters). The difference is that its safer on the turbo if you run higher boost. You can also experience a slight lag running with just pigeon. If you take a look in my Tech Guides (link in my signature), it shows how the pigeon mod is done.

P

POC

No, you'll get pigeon if you run without a BOV or recirc valve. Its back pressure playing on the impeller blades. You will still get it to a degree if you recirc (especially with A'PEXi filters). The difference is that its safer on the turbo if you run higher boost. You can also experience a slight lag running with just pigeon. If you take a look in my Tech Guides (link in my signature), it shows how the pigeon mod is done.
Some very usefull stuff there thanks! The pigeon mod is the only one not working tho!!

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
Thanks very much for that chief good readin there.

Shame im pretty useless when it comes down to the mechanics, so like i said the whole FI is gonna take a min or two to click with me :p but yeh i got my insurance quotes today and lets say... its doable.... alot..able :D i had a serious smile on my face like!

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
The clip of Noob drifting is Pigeon with very high boost, the pitch alters depending on the boost pressure, i noticed it went alot higher going from 0.8bar to 1.2bar.

J

j0nbubz

I have a pigeon (removed bov and blocked off neccesary piping), and it sounds awesome and changes tone as I let off at different rpms.

However, I've just bought a BOV and am going to fit it.. will I need to modify any of my existing set up to do this right?