What's new

Dump / Blow off Valve .. PSSSHT!

Reaction score
thats true raystang, i am only running stock boost, so i can get away with using the standard DV, im sure one day i will need to replace it, everyone likes boost!! lol
Just read the GTR thread regarding pigeoning, maybe i was just being paranoid, everyone seems to think removing the DV will not bugger a turbo, at least not a pretty standard engine with stock boost....
I suppose standard DV's are put in by Nissan because your average customer doesn't want to buy a car that chatters with lift off, pops or bangs! lol (well, one of the reasons anyway)

S

SS9919K

Stock BOV / Dump Valve. Need some help here. Im a bit confused,,

The standard BOV doesn't make any noise. Aftermarket BOVs to atmosphere are just plain :ghey: , plus they'll make the drive as jerky as fook. Do it the proper way and get a proper BOV that recirculates (like a HKS SSQV and adapter) and replace the existing BOV with it :nod: The pigeon noise sounds much more :cool: than the :ghey: Pssht... :nod:

Here's what full-on pigeon sounds like :)

Pigeon

Wouldn't be as loud, but you get the idea :)
Hi Nicely, did a quick search on BOV thread and found this. You mentioned tht the standard BOV doesnt make any noise (u meant pigeon sound?).

I had the standard dump valve removed 3 days ago just too see if it's really give me a pigeon sound choo chooo choooo...And yes it did, sounded cool...

But i have no confidence on this mod (might harm my turbo?) so i decided to fix it back today at the same time changed the stock air filter with an APEXi filter.

Now, my question is, do I still get pigeon sound after i hv fixed the stock dump valve back (this time with Apexi air filter). As u mentioned it doesnt make any sound....

1. Do I get pigeon sound from my stock dump valve if I replaced my stock air filter with the Apexi??

2. Is my stock dump valve not functioning?

:confused:

S

SS9919K

Hi Mates,

After a careful read thru all the posts under this thread.... I think i've got my questions sorted...the Apexi POD does make my stock DV flutters,,,, I'll stick to my stock DV until i need an after market one for a higher boost...

Thanks....~

G

gunner93

With stock BOV and Apexi filter theres a pigeon at high rpm throttle-off on mine :D ... but only at high rpm though... :rolleyes:

Reaction score
Country
So..the biggest question for me is...how do you get the loudest flutter blow off noise when using 1.2 bar of boost without doing the Pigeon mod ? (which i guess isnt advisable on 1.2 bar of boost ?).

Reaction score
Country
Ahhh, cool. Can the pressure be adjusted on the SSQV to set the amount that is recirculated...in essence set it to create more compressor surge but still bleed off enough boost in recirc to not cause damage ?

Reaction score
Country
Ahhh, cool. Can the pressure be adjusted on the SSQV to set the amount that is recirculated...in essence set it to create more compressor surge but still bleed off enough boost in recirc to not cause damage ?
New SSQV don't have any adjustment on them. With the way they are designed they don't need to be adjusted, the adjustment on the back on the older style was a bit of a pain as people would over tighten them and break the diaphragm.

Reaction score
i've got mine on pig' mod at 0.9 bar... been running find for quite a while now......

i may even keep running it once remapped.... and if need be.... new turbo, i just love it too much! lol

Reaction score
Website
www.dnsf.org
Country
Bumb up for this thread too :D
I'm considering buying BOV (atmos) and like to know what do you think of these two contestans?

Does anyone of you have experience of Synapse SB001A BOV?? http://www.nolimitmotorsport.com/prod/SB001A
Somekind of revolutionary pull-type BOV :rolleyes: I have heard lots of good things about this and it can also be used as recirc.

Other one is basic Tial 50mm BOV which is also very good, what I have heard...

Which one you would buy? Like to see some opinions :)