What's new

after market brake discs

Reaction score
Country
I beliave they are.
The stock brake discs are a bit bigger too.
296mm on the R33 and 280mm on the S15.

Oh, and the Z32 was sold with both aluminium and cast iron brake calipers.
Cheers for that.

Always wanted to make sure if it's aluminium or what not

Does the R33 gts-t 4pot take bigger disc than 296?? 300 or 310 would be nice

M

manic_tofu

sorry for bringing up this thread from the dead, but im wondering whether there would be a worthwhile difference upgrading from an s15 280mm rotor to a r33gtst 296mm rotor?

or would it better to just save up for a db-power bigger rotor kit?

M

manic_tofu

thanks for the quick reply!

was leaning towards those too

not cheap tho, better start saving lol

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
^^ +1

The size difference will hardly be noticeable...

I'd say start from all areas of braking like braided lines, DOT5 and performance pads (Ferodo DS2500 are awesome for both daily driving and track/drift). I find this setup with almost stock power and stock discs is good enough for track and drift days. Only when you're pushing past this level for performance would I bother with larger disc conversions etc :)

M

manic_tofu

Thanks for the advise there.

Just managed to get confirmation from slammedmind/kimi that the goodridge braided hoses for the s14a would fit the s15 without a fuss. So prolly will fill up on some motul rbfs at the same time.

As for pads, the current bendix metal kings just smokes after a coupla short laps at a local autocross track. As for power levels, still relatively stock-ish, just basic bolt-ons, running 1.1 bar. Like you said, i will get better pads first and see how things turn out.

Actually the state gov. just gave the green light for a proper track to be built here, hence my initial plans to upsize the rotors. Will do up the others first, and pads. If they're enough, then woohoo more $$ for other stuff, lol

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Yeah you'll feel a world of difference upgrading to braided lines + racing fluid :)

And if you like to use your car on a daily basis or run her on normal roads then you want pads that will work from cold - DS2500 do that job and cope much better against fade when you're getting them hot ;)

M

manic_tofu

those things u mentioned are relatively inexpensive compared to other mods yet do so much so would definitely get them done :nod:

off topic a little bit, ur sig, nice shot, nice car hehe :thumbs:

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Yeah deffo the way to go mate ;)

Thanks for your comments - it's taken her a year to get to where she is now mods wise... but still have more plans hehe :D