What's new

HKS GT-RS turbo max boost

Reaction score
Country
Hi guys
have recently installed a GT-RS turbo similar to the gt2871r.
was just wondering what the max boost these turbos can produce..?

as i've been messing with the boost controller and adjustable actuator and got it running steady on 1 bar. feels really good and solid want to see how it feels on hight boost setting but needs a map first.​

T

tass15

i just fitted one to a mates car, and his tuner said to run 14-21psi to keep it in efficiancy range, so you have heaps left

Reaction score
i know the stock BB turbo's are about 18psi/1.2bar.... so yea, you've got a fair bit left in it! :)

S

sillbeers15

I know HKS recommends 1.4 bar in their website.

However I'm only running 1.2bar on the GT-RS for reliability reasons.

1.3 and 1.4 bar creates hell lots of difference but be sure you have enough fuel to support it.

Reaction score
Country
i have plenty,
740 nismo injectors and nismo fuel pump:thumbs:

ive never ran 1.4 bar on my silvia before... will the orginal head gasket cope???

T

tass15

as long as you have a good tune it 'should', but you are getting to the limit of its existence. when i get my gt30 bolted up, i plan on running a 1.2mm gasket for safety sake, plus i want to run 24-25 psi lol.

Reaction score
Country
hum think i'll keep it at max 1.2bar then, if i was to mess with the head gasket i'm gonna throw in cams too. he he

S

sillbeers15

The HKS stage 1 cams 256/264 or any equilvalent cams are a good match to juice out 400ps on crank from the SR20DET block. I've had that with GT-RS for some 4years in my ride...reliable as stock since then (w. 1.2mm MHG).

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
At what stage shold you be looking to beef up the internals? I.e. if running 1.2-1.4bar, is there a danger of breaking something?

A

Albert

We have in Moscow 200sx S14 with GTRS (2871 a/r 0.64) and full stock engine (headgasket is stock) wich is running 1.5Bar. 402m time is 12.5s... crazy car w/o interior...

I am gooing to run 1.2Bar and 1.5Bar with this turbo...