What's new

rev limiter/speed limiter

G

Ger Keane

hey lads, did a lot of drivin over the weekend so hit the speed limiter a lot:D, just wonderin is it dangerous to hit the speed limiter at 180k even if your revs are only round 5500k? i know you wudnt want to be bouncin the S15 off the rev limiter too often but is it the same with the speed limiter??

D

Derek

In a spec S.. Fair play. You can get rid handy enough by fitting Apexi goodies. Can't see it doing much harm.

G

Ger Keane

ya, it will actually hit the 180k in fourth at bout 6800 revs. gets up to it handy enough. made light work of a twincam last nite in limerick. surprised in how much quicker the spec s was.

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Its not the fastest way to drive you know, you should be changing before the limiter :nod:

In the Spec-R, you dont have to go into the red to get peak performance, mine pulls hard till about 6500 then starts to drop off slightly

G

Ger Keane

ya i usually change well before the red, usually bout 6500. but theres not much i can do bout hittin the 180k speed limiter!

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Fit a mph converter :p The 180km/h limiter suddenly becomes a 180mph limiter... :D It can also be over-ridden on a custom mapping.