What's new

Tein mono flex on s15

S

silvialam

Hi guys,

I just got myself a tein mono flex coilover, but im just wondering will it scrapes my P1 buddy club rims 17inch front 8j and 9j rear after fitting the mono flex?? Anyone out there using Tein mono flex? please advise me on this.

Currently im using a set of yashio factory coilovers but there is some leaking, so i got a tein mono flex. I dont face any problem with yashio factory coilovers..

please advise me on the topic above...

thank you

J

j0nbubz

Should be fine.. most coilovers are of similar design and any difference would be marginal..

correct if im wrong guys =)

What size tyres you running? You won't have any problems on the rear

S

silvialam

im running on 215 for front and rear 225

i may be changing to 225 front and 245 rear...

will the tires rub the suspension?

S

sillbeers15

It depends on the offset and width of your wheels and tyres.

Generally, the rears are less of a problem as there are more clearences.

J

j0nbubz

Well I've recently put on my wheels. 235/40/18x8.5 +32 on the front.

My front left hits the coilover when turning sharp lefts - at no other time does it make contact/make any noises - so I'm in the process of trying to fix that problem.

I don't think with 17x8, 215 or 225 tyres on the front will you have any problems.

GO FOR IT!

Reaction score
Country
You should have no problems.

jonbubz,

I know this is silly but have your left suspension checked out. It can't just knocked/contact on the left and not on the right. Unless the camber/toe on your left suspension is out by a few mm.

J

j0nbubz

haha funnily enough, I took it to Bel Garage.. and we put it up on a hoist. Went to check the exact clearance on both sides.. and believe it or not.. the right side does not touch the strut on full lock or when fully spinning

HOWEVER, the left side is marginally touching it when turning left.

The camber is the same on both sides.. not sure how the toe will affect it, but we'll do another run down this weekend =)

any other opinions on why it differs on each side?

K

kieran

you have 2 bolt holdthe bottom strut to the hub, loosen them off pull the hub towards yourself and then do the nuts up, then adjust the camber from the top mount, i reckon this will be the difference between both sides hth

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
I changed from Tein HA's to Apex coilovers, i now have more clearance at the front than i did before :thumbs: