What's new

turbo has gone need advice

Reaction score
Country
oki my turbo has gone a month ago and only just got my new turbo to swap it out but found that the blades have been scrapping of the compressor housing. which means that parts have possibly gone in the engine. which really worries me. as i did not start engine up, and to be honest bit scared.:annoyed::annoyed:

oki so any guys with pass experience with this type of issue...:notworthy:
what i want to know is do i just ignore the parts and start engine up and rev happy to the limit.:wack:

Or will it have to open up the engine and clean out the parts and check for damage... if so will be looking for cams and head gasket.:confused:

Reaction score
i'd have thought if bits had been rubbing off, they'd be very tiny "scrapings" and if not caught in the intercooler, they'd just pass through.

i've known of people have whole tips of spark plugs snap off before and not damage anything, just get blown out the exhaust.

T

tass15

if it was me, pull off cooler piping to throttlebody see if you can see anything, also check the turbo side of cooler. if it is only just touching and not really ripping into it to much i wouldnt be too worried, i've seen a mates evo rally car put a 1 mm lip in the compressor housing, just swapped turbo in service time, thats it lol

D

Derek

Also Change oil and look for metal filings.. It might give you an idea if its gone through engine.

Reaction score
Depends on the damage really - can't see it being much to worry about. :) Got any pics of the Compressor housing damage?

Reaction score
Country
right guys
ive bit the bullet and started the car up, and all is fine.

but what i did do was strip out the fmic and pipe and blow all the parts and scrapping out with a high pressure air compressor. so all of the parts still logged in the fmic should be gone now.

will try to get a pic of the damage turbo blades.

Reaction score
:eek: fooked!! Would imagine something got in there or one of the blades failed and chewed the rest..

G

gunner93

OMG! This one really need the finger eating warning decal... Wonder hows the turbine on the exhaust side?

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Looks nasty, although doesnt look like anything will have gone inward, i.e. into the engine, what we think?