What's new

S14 Exhaust same?

B

baynz

no it wouldnt, the s14 exhaust is longer than the s15 exhaust, and all the brackets wouldnt line up.

where in south wales are you?

S

sillbeers15

Any s14 cat back exhaust will fit S15 w/o modification required. It is just 2" longer in the tail sticking out compared to the S15's.

I said so cause I have both the HKS Hipower (for S14) and HKS Hipower Silent catback exhaust that fitted my S15. I actually prefer the look of the Hipower as the rear cylinderical muffiler is slanted...ie the flow is less obstructed compared to the 's' bend before the last muffiler on the Hipower Silent. However the authorities here will not permit the use of Hipower for road....but approve the Hipower Silent. Btw the hipower Silent is too silent for my taste...hehee. Compared to my neighbour's Galaro, my S15 w. Hipower Silent sound like a pussycat:C

S15_Spec_R

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
OK, I'm confused now - sorry. I have a no as its longer and brackets are different and a yes with a splash of changing brackets?

I dont mind if it sticks out a bit as the nismo box I have sits in.

Baynz - I was moving to abergaveny from cardiff with the misses but things fell through and now I am movinging around my family homes! I'm down your way most weekends to visit a friend in mumbles. Should meet up as I am yet to see another S15on the roads but then again maybe I want to remain exclusive to myself!! :D

Keith

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
What I mean is that if you fit S14 aftermarket front pipes and elbows at some point (which many S15 owners do), the entire exhaust could be pushed back another inch beyond where it initially sits.

S15_Spec_R

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Sorry if I sound dumb but is this advantageous? If I buy this cat back system will it bolt directly on? (can see I'm going to become annoying - sorry!)

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
What I'm saying is that, although this S14 exhaust may fit and sit two inches further back, if you ever fit a decent front pipe and turbo elbow, it could land up sitting 3 inches further back than an S15 system. This may have further implications to hangers and tailpipe positioning.

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
I have S14 elbow/dump pipe, and S14 front pipe, sisnt puch my exhaust back any further :no:, i wish it did as its now making my bumper black :rolleyes:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
I said it might :) My HKS front pipe and first elbow didn't push it back. My second elbow did. My third elbow and new front pipe didn't.

J

Jeff K 09

I have read similar cases where people where wanting to mount S14 exhaust on S13 chassis.
I am guessing from what I am reading here the result is the same.

Yes you can buy the S14 exhaust and make it fit, but since it would be a little longer you could just cut a few inches out of the piping and weld in some new brackets to mount your exhaust.

So just bolt ons working now, but yes if you want to do a little extra dirty work :cool: