What's new

Alu locking collars on s15. What about the rear bar?

Reaction score
How do the locking collars fit with the s15 subframe having a strengthening bar?

Nicely, have you fitted yours? Could you take a couple of pics?

B

Bry

we just unbolted each bolt slid the collar in and bolted it back up and that was it

Reaction score
Just another thought. As the collar touches the chassis, would it wear away the underseal and start grinding?

F

freebird

Thanks Nicely,

So what are the pro's and con's of fitting these over using polly bushes?

Is it just that they are easier to fit, and would polly bushes be a better solution?

W

WATDA

Ive got these and it does make for a harsher noisey ride but that just could be mine?

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
The additional noise is diff noise being transmitted through the subframe. Can't really comment on pineapples as I've not fitted them. They'd obviously be more flexible. As easy to fit as the collars.

The difference fitting the collars was amazing. The back end became so sharp and tight that I nearly oversteered on the first roundabout I came to! :p

F

freebird

Now I'm confused.
Nicely are you saying that fitting complete new poly bushes would be as easy as fitting the collars?
Watda and Zimmi you have which fitted the Collars or the bushes?

I think I am tending towards Bushes but if the fitting is going to be a hasal then I will go for the collars.

Z

zimmi

i have the aluminum locking collars fitted, i fitted them myself very straight forward to do i think with pineapples you have to lift the whole subframe off to put them on which would be a fairly big job. i found the locking collars made a huge difference in handling like nicely said.

Reaction score
Country
you guys have completely confused the situation.
there are 3 method i now to stiffen the rear subframe.

1. Alu Locking Collars..

these are available in complete rings or C shape. complete ring collars need to have the subframe droped to fit, but with the C shaped you can just loosen the mounts and prey it apart just enough to slit on c collar in.
Aslo with these you dont remove your original bushing. thses work by compressing your orginal bushing rubber given you the same effect of replacing the orginal bushing with stiff items.

2. Pineapples

These are very simlar to the lockng in which the slide in between or under the subframe depending on your setup grip or drift. they are also made of polyeruathne. not sure if the come in c shape. but if not will need to drop the sub frame to fit between. Also with these you dont remove your original subframe bushing. these work by changing your subframe angle and height which can give you more grip or loose grip depending on your requirements. these pineapple dont actually sqeeze the orginal rubber bushings at all.

3. replacing subframe bushings for stiffer items i.e. poly bushes.

This involve removing the original rubber bushing, which requires the subframe to be totally removed and haveing the old bushed pressed out.
if pressing is not a option.they can be removed by buring the rubber off so the centre metal peice willfall off. then using a hacksaw to remove the metal ring that the old rubber are pressed in on. some hammer action wil be need to get the metalring out. then new poly bush get squeezed in.