What's new

external waste gate+intercooler question

S

stevo

ok folks since my turbo trouble i have fitted a part or 2.... i got my hands on hks actuator, a 2nd hand s15 turbo and i also bought a manifold,fmic kit and a screamer pipe off this guy, i just wonderin would a external waste gate go onto my screamer pipe as car sounds like mani is blown when car is at idle, i am tempted to remove this but can't help but smile and laugh when cars sideways up in the rev range:nod:.... and also i done a diy job fittin my autobahn88 fmic kit,kit fits perfect no bumper mods needed at all but was unsure bout recirc pipes,if i did pipes wrong wat ould i notice in car and how long would problem take to show up i paranoid of my own work sorry ha ha

D

Derek

Keep an eye on your boost carefully. Most fmic are designed for S14 which have a carbon canister thats has vacuum. S15 doesn't. Can be quite scary.

Reaction score
Country
your turbo uses a internal waste gate, hense the actuator.
so a external waste gate will not work unless you can permently leave your internal waste gate open.

Screamers pipe is probably not properly sealed and causing it to blown.
as far a i know the two exits from the turbo have to be perfecty sealed apart think they use exhaust gasket paste.

should get a animal turbo sound once done properly, but dont expect to use it on track you will get taken of the track as its way too loud.

S

stevo

your turbo uses a internal waste gate, hense the actuator.
so a external waste gate will not work unless you can permently leave your internal waste gate open.

Screamers pipe is probably not properly sealed and causing it to blown.
as far a i know the two exits from the turbo have to be perfecty sealed apart think they use exhaust gasket paste.

should get a animal turbo sound once done properly, but dont expect to use it on track you will get taken of the track as its way too loud.

i see i don't think there is a seperate chamber in screamer pipe i think it just one pipe:( and does the internal waste gate usually provide a tight seal..... are you from north dublin by any chance???

Reaction score
Country
yeap im from north..
screamer pipes are two section one for the main exhaust and the other is the exhaust of the internal waste gate (opens it to atmosphere). these two need to be seal from each other for screamer pipes to work

Reaction score
Country
if you look carefully at the turbo profile at the exhaust side you will see the does not have a perfectly flat dividing plate between the waste gate and the main exhaust so when you install a screamer pipe you need to fill in this gap with some sort of exhaust paste which hardens to create a perfect seal.

hope you have your nct done, as you wont pass it with a screamer pipe.

just look at the pics of Auxrura's Turbo

http://forum.s15oc.com/showthread.php?t=2010

Also read up on this it a how to install screamer by night pager.( translated )
http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fnight-pager.com%2Fparts%2Fengineroom%2Fpage_scream.html&langpair=ja%7Cen&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&prev=%2Flanguage_tools

Last edited:
S

stevo

thanks mate do you be round skerries from time to time cause often see a gorgeous blue one going thru town at the odd weekend.....and car had 2yrs test when i bought it ha ha:D

Reaction score
Country
hahaha dont think it be mine, dont go thru skerries at all...

but there does seem to be more and more s15 in dublin now..

S

stevo

blue one going round very very close to the look of yours i love the blue one's i have to say......:nod: