What's new

hks ssqv

A

Adam15

hi lads i got a hks SSQV,,i fitted it to the car,but on test drive the car almost stalled when coming to a stop anyone have any ideas,,i got it off apex performance on friday,,took it back out and put back in the recirculating valve and its running grand again,,
when it was in if i revved the car the revs would drop and almost stall,, any ideas???????????????:confused:

J

j@garagemac

ssqv are common for leaking causing poor idle and stalling when coming to a stop .

they are just ****e in my experiance

kind regards j@wrc

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
one thing does it have a bolt at the bak of it might need adjusting if it has, if its like mine should have a problem as mine doesnt have a bolt and rings sweet:thumbs:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Had no issues with my SSQV - both running it to atmosphere first and recirced now. Mine's the adjustable type though.

J

j@garagemac

yeah the new ones aint and i had nothing but trouble with em

A

Adam15

lads dont think its adjustable,,all i got was the ssqv hose from the main boost pipe to the ssqv,, a blung which i put in the hose which goes over the rocker cover to the intake pipe,and the vacuum pipe to the t piece,,dont know if ite not the adjustable one is it no good????

J

j@garagemac

the adjustable ones are better . in the end were your vacum feed goes there will be a bolt with a locking nut, that adjusts the preload on the spring in the bov

A

Adam15

the vacuum feed theres no nut,,i put it in again today and went for a drive,,it didnt stall but the revs dropped,,it seemed to be running rich to i could smell it,,so dont know????:confused: