What's new

turbo advice needed.....

S

stevo

Got a 2nd hand standard turbo of a s15 and its fitted etc etc ya no everythin is ok but the oil return line from turbo to sump off my original turbo is too small to fit the new turbo anyone shed any light on to why this is and how to resolve it my mechanic says the pipe off my turbo is half metal half rubber and connects to the turbo via 2 12mm bolts.. anyone no wat part is needed as car is in mechanic's way in garage so have to order one off nissan... won't be online now till evenin so if anyone from ireland replies to this can they pls text their suggestion to me on 083-3242430 thanks i really need to sort this asap...:(

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Are you saying it won't fit, or its not long enough? The only difference would be if you were fitting a non-BB T28 in place of a T28BB...

If the plate on the turbo says 14411-75F00, then its a non-BB turbo. A replacement pipe can be got from Nissan. Same as the S14. Don't expect they'll have it in stock though...

S

stevo

how long would it take to get and mechanic did'nt say it was too short just said it was too small and couldn be modified to fit....:mad:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
I'd say its almost definitely a different turbo. You will need to get that part number verified, as that will make the difference between waiting a couple of days or waiting a couple of weeks. I seriously doubt Nissan will have an S14 oil outlet and gasket in stock.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
What? The oil outlet pipe? That's it. If you confirm which turbo it is, I can give you the part number for the pipe.

S

stevo

my mechanic told me that the bracket that bolts return line to the turbo is too small to attach to the turbo i bought, i thinkin it a late spec return pipe kit is wat i need are these expensive.....

T

tass15

have you checked that the outlet pipe flange doesnt need the bolt holes filing, I've had to do this fitting aftermarket turbos to 4-5 cars, the holes dont line up and are half a hole out. if this is the case you just file hole out, and make new gasket to suit, should only take 5 mins. hope that helps

J

j@garagemac

i've had the same as abouv the holes dont line up you just have to file em out . but its easy to say that without seeing it

kind regards j@wrc

S

stevo

have you checked that the outlet pipe flange doesnt need the bolt holes filing, I've had to do this fitting aftermarket turbos to 4-5 cars, the holes dont line up and are half a hole out. if this is the case you just file hole out, and make new gasket to suit, should only take 5 mins. hope that helps

thanks buddy mechanic has done that and it will be safe enough ye?

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
As I've said, the oil outlets are slightly different between the two different S15 turbos.

Just for reference, the hard part section and gasket costs ?14.35 plus shipping from Japan.