What's new

Diff problem

A

albert5354

Just got my S15 spec R about a month ago and the diff is gone, the car is still under warranty buy the garage having problem to find the part, is any one know where I can get the diff and will the s14 diff fit?

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Welcome :wave:

You would have to change the half shafts to get the S14 Viscous Diff on. The Viscous Diff is quite inferior compared to the S15 Helical Diff too. Your options are to either get a replacement from Nissan Japan via someone like Perfectrun, or, if you are the drifting type, you could consider a 1.5 or 2 way diff. These can be got from somewhere like Driftworks.

Cost for the diff from Nissan Japan will be over HALF the price from Nissan GB plus shipping. Lead times from Perfectrun are about four to seven working days. Details are in the 'Nissan OEM Parts Suppiers (Japan)' sticky in the Traders section.

M

mitch

If you are getting the garage to pay, get an aftermarket diff bought and fitted. Then if you want a standard one, you'll have no problem swapping with someone and probably get a few sheets your way too.

I fitted the Kaaz diff into mine and it went in no probs :)