What's new

Of Wheel bearings..

J

JayDM

hi guys,

Was wondering if other nissan wheel bearings will fit the s15. I think my rear ones need to be replaced. One of the suppliers here quoted-approx. US$200

How much does wheel bearings cost normally?

thx in advance.

jay

J

JayDM

Thx Nicely, i'll give them a shot. But according to the suppliers i've tried so far ,the price is in that region.

Unlike the front , the rear bearings cannot be pressed out and replaced with suitable sized ones. Ive to get them replaced with the hub.

Reaction score
blinx here in the UK got one from Perfectrun for around ?80 delivered. Hope this helps.

130r

JayDM,

Hi i from KL.
Try this shop in PJ.
Syariakt Sim Ghee Auto Parts S/B
Tel : 03-7876 7632

part no. : 43210-AA100

I paid RM 365 / pc last year.

J

JayDM

130r,

Wow thx alot man, that's even cheaper than ETCM's quote. I'll give them a shot.

hopefully its a genuine nissan part;)

Btw, UGPM

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Yep. And that's what I keep telling people on SXOC. They just can't be arsed to make a bit more effort to save ????s.

Reaction score
Sorry can I just check... You can't replace the rear bearings without the hub:wack: or am I reading it wrong.... I could just check the manual...

Reaction score

... ah not quite the whole hub just an assembly with a flange... Not so bad..was thinking they'd done something really stupid. Suppose you'd take the hub off with the bearing unlike in your pic Nicely (that was a brake job though I guess)

Can't figure out the front. The manual is very haynes...

Assume you press it out of the hub (5)?

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
The rear bearing will come off the hub assembly if you keep the four rear bolts attached when using the hub puller. I removed both in that photo to get to the back plate and knuckle. As you suggest, this was for the Z32 brake conversion. Don't, whatever you do, make the mistake of taking the knuckle off to do the job :no: Its completely unnecessary and will add a couple of hours onto the job...

J

JayDM

roland,

Yep i meant that flange assembly (8)

Nicely,

which job are u referring to when u say do not remove the knuckle?The brake conv?Knuckle is item no (9) as shown in the rear wheel pic rite?
I'm new to this..

Thx

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
I'm talking about the hub and bearing removal. A lot of people think you have to take the knuckle off the remove the bearing. This involves undoing all the various arms and would be a complete PITA. In fact, the bearing bolts can be removed from the back without too much issue by simply rotating the hub to gain access to each bolt in turn. Simply loosen each bearing bolt, remove the hub with a puller, remove the bolts and take the bearing off.

Oh, and you need to undo the main hub nut with the wheels on the ground. This means you have to jack up, remove the wheel, remove the split pin from the nut, REMOVE THE WHEEL CENTRE, replace wheel, lower, loosen nut with the longest breaker/extension bar in the universe, jack back up remove wheel and remove nut. Of course, you have to do all that in reverse when you've finished. And don't forget the split pin. :D

A

auxoura

Just wanted to bring this up again...

Jaydm, did you manage to get the rear bearing and where did you get it from? I think mine is the problem currently. At speeds of about 90 above, there is a "wong wong wong wong" sound coming out...not really sure if its the front or rear..

hmm

J

JayDM

Hi auxoura,

Yes i sorted the issue. You can get it from sim ghee auto in seapark pj. The number is on the earlier page

Mine did not emit any noise, i just noticed a lil woble when the wheels were lifted during on-wheel balancing.It is not obvious when i drove.

If its noisy, i suggest you do not continue driving as a wheel may just decide to leave the car!

Always get them changed in a pair:thumbs:

D

djmasterg

Hello

Just a question where to search for an S15 rear wheel bearing (part no: 43210-AA100) or hub (part no: 43202-85F00). I have got no idea where to start?

Thanks. Greg.

D

djmasterg

Just to let you know - got this bearing in 2 days from local nissan dealer in Dumbarton. Now I'm going to change it, hope I will get no problems with it.
Greetings.

M

max7003

hi, max frm KK, sabah. can i ask where to find s15 rear wheel bearing n how much each cost? do i need to change the hub as well? thanks...