What's new

nissan s14 with trans 6speed no work with odomoter

willy s15

Reaction score
Country
hello to all
i have a little problem with my s14 recently i change 5 speed trans with oem 6sp from s15
is working very good good but it doent work with odometer what i could do to fix it >??
can anyone done the same with me ???

aso i notice the rear end from nissan 350z has some sensor from rear gourp maybe take from there the signal for ododmeter

anyone give a hand on this ????

thanx

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
S15 signal comes from the differential, s14 comes from the gear driven sensor on the gearbox from memory. In other words, if you swapped a 5 speed into a S15 you'll still have it just leave the sensor in place but can't plug it into anything, if you put 6 speed into s14 you won't have a signal.

willy s15

Reaction score
Country
S15 signal comes from the differential, s14 comes from the gear driven sensor on the gearbox from memory. In other words, if you swapped a 5 speed into a S15 you'll still have it just leave the sensor in place but can't plug it into anything, if you put 6 speed into s14 you won't have a signal.
yea yea i now this

Reaction score
Country
There is no way you can get speedometer signal unless you go for s15 differential but i think problem still exist because s15 use abs speed sensor on axle to get speed reading and send it to ABS control unit (computer) again s14 Abs control unit doesnt have extra speed sensor going to differential.

Maybe you need to get s15 axle, wire loom and abs control unit