What's new

Apexi PowerFC on basic mode?

E

Endless

hi guys, I got a used Apexi PowerFC on hand and planning to get it install shortly. The problem is since I also plan to fit few more mods later in the year, is it safe if I just install the PowerFC for now (put in basic mode), run for few months and get it mapping afterwards? my current mods are power intake, intercooler, bigger fuel pump, fuel regulator, BOV, full exhaust, radiator and current boost set @ 0.9bar with a boost controller, thanks.

S

sillbeers15

PFC Basemap

You must be referring to the power FC basemap supplied by the ECM.

It is fine to use the basemap. Only not to expect it to differ from your stock ECM map in performance.

Good thing about PFC is that you can run the bsae map and set the parameters as you install:

1. Bigger injectors
2. AFM sensor

at seperate intervals and only tune your car at the end of your mods.

You can also run the optional boost control kit and that will allow you to store a couple of fuel and ignition maps (at different boost level) to switch about at different events (say...0.9 bar for street and 1.2 bar for track).

I've used PFC for years and since my S14...i find it absolutely reliable and meet my tuning requirements.

E

Endless

You must be referring to the power FC basemap supplied by the ECM.

It is fine to use the basemap. Only not to expect it to differ from your stock ECM map in performance.

Good thing about PFC is that you can run the bsae map and set the parameters as you install:

1. Bigger injectors
2. AFM sensor

at seperate intervals and only tune your car at the end of your mods.

You can also run the optional boost control kit and that will allow you to store a couple of fuel and ignition maps (at different boost level) to switch about at different events (say...0.9 bar for street and 1.2 bar for track).

I've used PFC for years and since my S14...i find it absolutely reliable and meet my tuning requirements.

Thanks for the quick reply, just wondering, is it true that the PFC base map is slightly different than the stock? meaning it has already account for some basic mods (like exhaust, intake, intercooler, boost upgrade and etc.), I heard having the PFC with basemap alone can boost for around 10 - 15hp depending on your mods....

S

sillbeers15

I have no way to verify the fact that the PFC basemap is different compared to the stock ECM as I have no access to stock ECM fuel and ignition map.

Anyway,...my bud dyno tells me no differences before and after installing the PFC running at basemap.

A word of caution...do remember to turn on the ignition key and idle the car for like 30 minutes before turning on the aircon and another....before turning on the headlights.....immediately after PFC installation according to its manual recommendations.