What's new

StopTech Brakes

P

PhilV

Hey guys, I been thinking the next wise thing to do is a big brake conversion and a work mate said StopTech brakes are as good as BREMBO if not better sometimes and much cheaper, have you ever heard of these or know if they fit S15's

really wanting to find out more, had a look on their site but meh...

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
StopTech are supposed to be very good.
But from the prices I've seen on the big brake kits, it isn't cheap.

Used R33GTR 324mm discs with Brembo 4 pots would be my choice.
Should be more than enough to stop a tuned S15.

To be honest, I think that the stock setup with Ferodo DS2500 is pretty good. No fade so far.

S

sillbeers15

The StopTech stuff is from the States....but not certain if it were manufactured there.

The great thing about these big calipers are the weight savings over the stock S14/15 Calipers.

I'm using AP Racing 5200 four pot calipers w. 330mm slotted disc for front wheels application.

Hey why none of you Brits are keen in AP?

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Because they cost a fooking fortune. In my mind, you have to balance out the minimal gain from such a weight saving (in everyday driving) against the cost. And its not worth it. The standard Nissan 4 pot callipers are actually very capable until you get onto discs bigger that 330mm. The rears are crap, which is why is run a Z32 conversion :)

S

sillbeers15

Oh,...ok. Should have kept my big mouth shut on that.....bud they're good brakes.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
No, not at all :D They ARE good brakes. As are Wilwood. But everything in the UK costs about twice as much as it does in Japan and SE Asia... :(

S

sillbeers15

If I'm right, Willwood big brake kit can be bought for some 600 pounds in Singapore.