What's new

car stalling when coming to stop??

A

Adam15

Hi guys ive got my S15 since sat and since ive had it,it stalls wen i come to a stop.

I dont have a dump valve so thats ruled out,,and one of the lads has said it could be a boost leak,,has anyone come across it,,if ye could help me out would much appreciate it,a bit freaked!!!!:confused:

Reaction score
Mine used to stall when coming to a stop... but it was the greddy type rs dump valve leaking... fecking horrible dump vlave if your running a MAF sensor by the way...

It could be a boost leak (Most likely) or you could have alook at your AAC valve (Top of the inlet manifold...) and give that a good clean out...

A

Adam15

ya,was told of the throttle position sensors in nissans tend to act up,,dont know,,will have to check for a boost leak,,wat would make it over fuel?it is standard enough besides an intake?

A

Adam15

also forgot to mention,,its only boosting at around .55 /.6 bar??

B

baynz

if its standard then the 0.55/0.6 bar is ok as thats the standard boost.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
No, its NOT standard boost. Standard boost on an S15 Spec R is 0.7 bar. 0.5/6 is standard on a Euro S14.

A

Adam15

well i did hit .65bar boost last nite, bu b4 that all i was hitting was .55/.6bar.hopefully related.

B

baynz

oh, i thout 0.55-0.6 bar was standard, because mine was about 0.55-0.6 bar before the exhaust mods etc then rose to 0.7ish

G

gunner93

Just out of curiosity, at what boost level would I warrant a metal gasket upgrade? Thanks.

Reaction score
Ive changed mine to a 1.8mm Greddy metal one and im running 1.3bar...
If youve got the time and the money its never a bad move to change it anyway... although while your changing it i'd recommend changing to ARP head bolts while its all apart!

130r

After i have the blitz bov installed the rev does drop to 400rpm whenever i put it neutral while stoping the car. But after i installed the oil catch can with a route out method, it did stalled quite often.
Heard that e-manage got a function whereby you can adjust or stabalized the voltage in order to remove the stalling.

A

Adam15

well lads..cleaned the throttle body,cleaned theaac valve,checked plugs,,there no more good,and there not in till tuesday so have to wait,,maybe throttle position sensor or air mass sensor???? found a boost leek bu fixxed it,,was the hose coming from the boost gauge sensor going to the t piece joint,,really small about 3cm in width..so what ye think lads??:annoyed:

M

Monkey15

i experienced engine stalls sometimes....but the mechanic recommends about getting the new AFC Neo...or n my mind, i probably save some coins and better get the powerful APexi Power FC..what do you think guys?????

Reaction score
Country
Definately PFC! AFC neo is just a piggyback with a flashy screen with no where near tunability than PFC.

M

Monkey15

thanks for the opinion ichi-go..i think i'll go for the power FC..

A

Adam15

alrite lads,,got plugs fitting them tonite,,if it doesnt sort it,,if heard about disconnecting the tps and adjust the idle to 800rpm and reconnect the tps and all should be fine do ya now if there is any truth in this:thumbs: