What's new

Aero Spoiler Brake Lamp

G

gunner93

My Aero has a triangle brake lamp thats unused. I am planning to wire up the third brake light there. But I cant seem to open the brake lamp cover. Does anyone know how? It seem to me like I need to pry it open by the side but I dont feel its the right way. Help please?

G

gunner93

<Smack On The Forehead> Really Nicely... I should have known! Cant wait to get my screwdriver to open it up! Thanks Again. :thumbs:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
The trick is to unscrew it about halfway, push the screw in so that the brake unit pushes out, then finish unscrewing :)

G

gunner93

I seem to have a problem with the screw thread. Its turning but its not coming out. Rusty. I'll have to figure out a way around this. Anyway, I noticed the brake lamp cover has a layer of lamination. Is this what you find on yours as well?

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Laminate? Like a layer of lacquer? Sounds like it may have been sprayed with the unit still in place. Usual Jap spray job... :rolleyes: If it has, you'll have to break the lacquer which is sealing it in...

G

gunner93

I finally got the stubborn screw out. The unit is still firmly stuck on the spoiler until I poked a wire through the screw hole and guess what? There's nothing in there except a brake lamp cover stuck with sticky tape all round the sides. I guess the previous Jap owner really buggered this up!

G

gunner93

Hmmm, wonder where I can get this aero brake light kit now...

G

gunner93

Here's the aero stop lamp on my rear. Looks like smoked cover?

Sure could have fooled me but theres no bulb inside.

Last edited:
G

gunner93

Nicely,

I'd just spoken to my local importer. Apparently the JDM aerospoiler -brake lamp is only a reflector/dummy cover. It needs to be custom made into a third brake lamp. Not sure if the part no. comes as just a cover only? Any idea?

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
I've rechecked FAST, and it appears to have the same part number for all three different high level brake lights... :wack:

Here's the separate PNs for the bub holder and bulb. Remember that wire has to somehow get from the holder, through your boot lid and into the boot...

Part Number:26597-85F10-
Description:SOCKET-STOP LAMP

Part Number:26261-89917-
Description:BULB-STOP LAMP

The bulb is an 18W 921 type.

G

gunner93

Update...

Managed to take this pic to show what I meant. You can see the screw hole, its empty. Well I suppose the Lamp Assy is standard fit for S15 aero spoiler. I have placed an order from my local importer. Sure hope it fits when it arrives. Fingers crossed. I will update again.

Last edited:
A

auxoura

gunner: yours did not come with the light? thats odd...how much did you get the whole 3rd brake light set for?

G

gunner93

Update :

Heres whats arrived today finally from Japan.

Comes with the harness and bulb as well. Fitting it on my aero spoiler tomorrow.

A

auxoura

Hey gunner congrats on finally getting the item.

havent seen you for quite a while, maybe could meet up sometime soon.. ;D