What's new

Anybody Used Crossed Drilled Rotors?

G

gunner93

Hi All,

I have 2 questions.

1) Does S14 & S15 carry same front brake rotor dimensions? 280mm diameter, 30mm thickness?

2) Has anybody tried out crossed drilled & slotted rotors? Are they more durable?

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
people seem to have problems with drilled rotors. If they're pushed hard (extensive trackwork) they can crack.
I know that people with Skyline GTRs sometimes have problems with this and also Porsche owners who like to take the car to the tracks.

N

neosilvia

I agree, I would recommend slotted, not drilled for a car that spends alot of time on the track. Drilled should be fine for the street, I have drilled on the front of my RX-7 and slotted on the rear. If you do spend alot of time on the track, run some ducting to get some cool air in there.

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
nope i dont like drilled either
drilled disc are not good for people who do fast track/ street driving i had drilled ones on my civic and they started to crack so no drilled disc for me

G

gunner93

Thanks ya all. I just thought that the crossed drilled rotors may help with abit of performance during drifting in a hot country like mine.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
I've heard from a fairly reliable source that proper channelled venting to the rear of the discs has such an effect, that it would possible to run standard discs on uprated pads. Not suggest you do that, but just indicating how much difference it would make. A decent 315mm big brake kit probably wouldn't set you back that much. :)