What's new

Spoilers

P

Paul D

Are the small boot spoilers stuck on or bolted on?
Im trying to get a car at the moment but its got the small spoiler fitted and i want to fit the aero spoiler.
If they are bolted on are they bolted in the same place??

Here's a pic of the spoiler i'l be wanting to take off if all comes to plan

Reaction score
I had one on my first S15... but to be honest i didnt check it!
But from when i used to clean it it was on there bloody well... so wouldnt be suprised if it had a threw bolts...

P

Paddy

nearly positive that its bolted on... looks to be the same spoiler as mine... five bolts and i think three are in the same possition for the aero spoiler... ie little bit of drilling and two holes to fill either side of what would be the brake light post

It might be glued on aswell though... i wanted to see if i could take the spoiler off 1day, removed all the bolts, but no joy. either its more stubborn than i was willing to force, or glued around the egdes etc...

Personally, i prefer the lip spoiler :smitten: to the aero, you should keep it :nod:

Last edited:
P

Paul D

I definately want the aero spoiler fitted, its one of the things that made me want a silvia :nod:

P

Paddy

hehe, i was the same about the aero, but the lip spoiler grew on me really quickly! :)

If you remove it there'll probably be slight discolouration etc under it... also i've a funny feeling the glue used is green?? could be a mini nightmare to get right. if you want to avoid the whole cutting drilling filling and painting thing, you might be aswell to get a boot with the spoiler. I think i saw Pablo selling one

A

auxoura

my car is missing that back part....dam..
does anyone know where i can purchase it online? or is there anyone willing to part and ship it? hehe

T

TonyS15

I bet the spoiler is bolted in the same way the S13's spoiler is.....rust warning.........

B

BarryL

would ya not consider leaving the spoiler off it al2gether. jus an idea???? there is none on mine an it looks quiet different!

P

Paul D

Thought about it but don't want to. I've sourced an aero spoiler and bought it so its all good now :)

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
I can confirm that rust was present on a 2001 limited edition baby blue S15 with a lip spoiler which I had seen :nod: