What's new

need some advice please

B

baynz

i picked my s15 up saturday and its got a 3" cat back system, and as far as i know thats it and its boosting 0.9 bar, just wanted to check that this is ok. as i know the standard boost should be about 0.55 bar.

and because its boosting 0.9 bar should i fit an uprated fuel pump sharpish?

i have a decat which is on its way and an apexi power intake to fit, would it be ok to fit these before uprating the fuel pump?

any help or advice would be much appreciated.

thanks

baynz

B

baynz

oh ok, it was like that when i picked it up. why do you think its boosting so much just from an exhuast?
so it looks like a fuel and remap will be needed then?

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
The boost will increase slightly with a free flowing exhaust. Has it got an FMIC or any boost control like an EBC or boost valve, or has the 'free boost upgrade' been done? Without an FMIC, it definitely needs the boost dropping or a remap. It would still be borderline with an FMIC.

B

baynz

no fmic fitted and as far as im aware the free boost mod hasnt been done,
and i noticed it when i was in 4th. it should be standard apart from the 3"cat back system.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
The fuel pump should be OK, but you might want to consider changing it.

All I can say is that when I got mine first mapped it was detting at anything over 0.8 bar initially. Running Opti/Vpower

B

baynz

ok, ive spoken to a mate and he said hes gonna wire his sard boost contoller up to see what im really boosting then ill go from there i think. because in second it seems to hold 0.7 bar which i was pleased with.

B

baynz

rite a little update on this as its still confusing me, usually i boost 0.7 with no problems what so ever.

but twice now in the mid gears it goes up to 0.9 then in the top gears it settles back at 0.7.

any ideas? anything i should be looking for in particular?

its just its annoying as iv only noticed it twice, once on a warm day, then tonight which was damp and cold. the rest of the time it seems to be 0.7 which is fine.

Reaction score
Country
How did you go with the boost controller? The factory actuator may not be releasing fast enuff therefore holding boost in there. Mine boost spike to .9bar as well. But i dont usually take it that far up the rev range so it doesnt bother me. Not without rocker arm stoppers.

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
its normal buddy dont worry you get two boost low and high low boost is from about 3000rpm to about 5400 then the high boost comes in its normall nothing to worry abou at all.....

B

baynz

ok cheers, thats a weight of my mind, i rarely go that high intot he rev range either, but have a few times and noticed it go to 0.9 bar twice,

i got a decat to put on, and was wondering if it was ok for me to do the free boost mod too? any ideas?

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
I seem to repeat this every week at the moment. You shouldn't be considering upping the boost without a remap. These cars were mapped for 100+RON fuel and we run them on around 97-99 (probably no more than 98). Expect det running anything more than 0.8 bar.

Det = bad. Det+more det = bang + engine rebuild