Coilovers

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Hey guys :wave:

I've just been delivered my new coilovers, before i fit them i'm planning to stonechip the arches and get it all tidy under there.

Just wondered if there is anything i should be doing to the coilovers prior to fitting? And if there is anything else i should be doing while in that area.

Cheers :)

Reaction score
Braided lines... bigger brake discs... better pads... bigger calipers... adjustable arms... poly bushes... arch flaring /rolling... new wheels... if something un does take it off and replace it with something shiney!!!!

Not sayin do all of it... but one or two wont hurt!!!!

Saying that... if your putting coilovers on, you should really put the adjustable arms on so you can adjust everying once lowered!

J

j@garagemac

well funny that i got a set for sale qaulity pre owned tein ones

S

sillbeers15

How to prevent Coilvers knocking noises

Hi,

I've had my ride fitted with coilovers just a few days after taking delivery from the local showroom. Since then....it has been >5 years.

I have successfully prevented the symptoms of knocking noises commonly complained from coilovers users.

Most coilovers are supplied with pillow mounts fabricated out of aluminium material based on the ball and socket design to all full camber and custer adjustment. When new, it is a precision fabricated part that allows full adjustment compared to the stock coil spring and shocks lumped together by a rubber material top plate mount that contributes to a willow and unprecised steering feel at hard and fast corners.

What I've done is to peroidically (every half yearly) apply lubrication to the pillow mount joints.

I use a combination of silicon lube spray(to act as a lubricant but dries quickly leaving no lubrication effect later) and greese spray(grease will stay after the lube dries off in a couple of hours). Apply them with care from top sprayed into joints of the pillow mount for the greese to flow into all the voids and stay there.

The front coilovers are easy to apply but the back ones require to have the parcle shelf removed and careful application. The fine tube that comes along with the spray cans help alot. Care to remove any dirt and sand particles traped prior to application of lube and grease is a cautious move.

I hope whoever tries can acheive the results I had enjoyed for years.

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
...Braided lines
... bigger brake discs
... better pads
... bigger calipers
... adjustable arms
... poly bushes
... arch flaring /rolling
... new wheels... !
Done...
Done...
Done....
Havent done.....
Everything is adjustable at the rear, and Tensions at the front.......
Alloy Collors......
Need that....
Done.

I meant more along the lines of keeping it tidy and clean under there, i'm going to Stonechip the arches etc, will get them rolled too. What about Pre-Coilover fitting setup?

Sillbeers15 - Thanks for the tips mate :thumbs: