What's new

Front windscreen

Reaction score
Got a miassive crack in mine from a stone hitting it so need a new one is it possible to get them through the normal windscreen people asnd put it through insurance our am i gonna have to buy one myself?Im in Northern Ireland if that makes a difference

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
You should get one through insurance (I did). I'm told that there is quite a wait to get them though. Mine took four days, but I've heard stories of six weeks...

B

BarryL

there is suppose to be a serious delay on them down south off ireland as far as i know. an they retail some where round a 1000yoyo.!

B

BarryL

most definately if ya have screen cover.personally i dont have any myself. trade insurance dont give the option!

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
As Channie's rear screen thread has shown, its really a VERY good idea to have windscreen cover if you've got an S15... :nod:

?550 for a front screen
?300+ for a quarter glass
?1350 for a rear screen
God knows what for a door glass...

Screen repairs are also totally free.

sniffy

Reaction score
Country
door glass a friend of mine payed 600 euro for a 2nd hand one for the passanger door was wait 3 months for it.

Reaction score
:cry: wish i had checked the dam box :cry:
18 working day delay at nissan for stuff from Japan at the mo!

If youve got insurance for it then use it!!!

Goodlord looking at it now the cost of my insurance is almost half of the cost of the rear windscreen... i could have insurance for another 2 years paid if the thing hadnt broken... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

K

kieran

lol took my screen about 4 months to come through i think the windscreen company thought i was stalking them with the amount of clls i gave them lol

Reaction score
ive got windscreen cover but tried two places and they haven't been able to get them yet thats my prob!!

P

Paddy

Would you go second hand? have you tried euro salvage?? the last time i was up there he had 3 silvias, one of them might have a good window. could be tough to get it out of the car though

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
They have to order them through Nissan. At least, RAC Windscreens did with mine. Make totally 100% sure they know its an S15 Silvia, NOT and S14, S13 or S12.

Reaction score
the one's i was with only has s12 and s13 on there list and they didn't understand the chassis num!!