What's new

Changing clutch will affect performance?

S

silvialam

Dear guys,

Im wondering will it affect the performance after changing to another brand of clutch kit?

Ok, the senario is this. Im currently using HKS twin plate clutch for my s15, and soon i will be changing to OGURA twin plate clutch. The reason why i go for ogura is because my hks twin plate, the clutch plate is going off and also the center metal plate which is no longer in good condition( is pretty well known the center metal plate on hks twin plate spoil easily, and this is also another reason for me to go for OGURA). i know there is a repair kit for this but the price pretty expensive which i think is not worth it.

so i think getting a set of new clutch kit would be a better and hassel free. AND my worries now is, after fitting the ogura twin plate clutch, will it affect the performance of my car? will i get lower hp or torque then usually i got when im using hks twin plate?

do tell me your point of view...

thanks

Reaction score
Wouldnt imagine youd experience much difference... you would only be able to tell by trying it... or in theory you could work it out...

Compare the weights of the fly wheels (Assuming the kit is coming with a matching flywheel?!?!)

The paddle materials...

Spring types and assembly...

What sort of power are you running? Boost levels? What you want from the car??? (i.e. loads of torque? Massive BHP???)

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
The difference between my standard clutch and fly and the Nismo Super Coppermix I've now got was very noticeable. Not in power, but pickup - particularly in 5th and 6th. BIG difference. :nod:

Don't think you'll notice anywhere near that going from one performance clutch to another though...

S

sillbeers15

You must be doing >500hp (flywheel) to need twin plate clutch.....else you're just trying to kill your stock gear box assuming you run that and a lower than 500hp setup.