What's new

My dyno results!

Reaction score
Had nothing else to do and came across my dyno print outs!!!
Might be of intrest to some...

(The red lines are the unmapped PFC and my cam positioning sensor pissed!)

Engine mods...

Tomei Expreme manifold
Power Fc Dejtro
Nismo 740cc injectors
Stock S15 BB turbo (50K)
DW Front mount
Walbro 255
Airinx filter
Greddy 1.8mm metal head gasket
Rocker arm stoppers
3inch downpipe and matchin elbow
GP sports exas straight though exhaust
Decat
Viscous removal
TurboSmart Bleed value (Until i can get the Power FC boost controller to work or get TurboSmart EBoost!)

Reaction score
Nah... April... but probably considered winter to you Ozzies!!! :D
I think that is the turbos limit though... turned the boost too a stable 1.2bar now!

J

j@garagemac

a couple of questions

why does your car make peak torque so late have you got a boost controll system on the car as it should make peak torque alot earlier .

also on a dyno dynamics dyno weather does'nt affect the result as they use a correction factor to give camparible back to back figures even if you come a couple of maonths apart .

allan jeffrys use a smaller version the dyno i have so i understand the machine intamitly

kind regards j@wrc

J

j@garagemac

yes but on turbo cars if everything is working as it should a turbo car will make peak torque at peak boost as the two are directly related

feulings good but it looks like the turbo feeds directly to the actuator with out a controller .

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Peak boost on mine is somewhere between 4-5k in 6th. Peak is less in lower gears. So that goes with what you say. :)

Reaction score
Not quite to sure how its boosting as it is... Its on a bleed valve and thats all!

It goes up to 1.4 bar then comes down to 1.2

Wheel horse power is 273bhp (On the top of the second graph!)

My aim was to get the Turbo smart EBoost... then get it mapped again by Alan Jefferys (For free!)
Then going to take it up to Abby for a comparrison and see what they think...

As you can see in the second graph there is a set of red lines... thats how badly it was running when i got it to Alan Jefferys!!!

The only graph ive seen where the tourque comes on earlier and sits steady is on a HKS GTRS with different cams...

J where would you expect it to be coming in??? Where are based??? Is it the UK????
If so you can have a play with it... aslong as its sunny... havnt got a rear window!!! :D

Reaction score
Yep... 1.4 was abit of experementation!!!!
And it holds strong!!!!
Only done about 300 miles on it at 1.4... gunna turn it back down to max 1.2 a soon as its on the road longer than a day!!!

J jus sent me a PM...
Sorry to Abby but gunna go to see J instead!!! As soon as i get the EBoost i'l come over!

But saying this... i have been looking at a new turbo... its sitting in my shopping basket right now... i cant afford it *looks over at the mastercard* hmmmmm.... or can i? :D