Liked

Weird issues with my 15

The car sat for a long time. I started to get it up and going again and it wouldn't start. It wanst getting fuel to the rail. I changed the pump and it's getting fuel to the rail but still wont start. But before I go to crank it over this happens

The engine light blinks really fast and makes a clicking sound as well as something whining from the engine bay.

Any ideas?

Liked
    That’s very odd, it sounds like a relay that’s not doing it’s job properly, can you trace the clicking noise back to a specific relay and let us know your findings?

Liked
    I check all the fuses from the cab and engine bay all are good. I even checked the ecu codes. Just 55. So that's ok. Decided to check all the accessories (ac blower, lights, hazard etc) they all work except my blinkers. Left and right nothing but the hazards work. This is what's happening now. The blinking will stop then if I press the brake it starts again. Also the loud humming seems to be coming from the abs unit. Also once and awhile when turning to ON the wipers turn on just once.

All the grounds are tight.

Liked
    Have you tried to disconnect the negative of the battery and leave the car without power for 30 minutes or so and then trying again?

Liked
    I figured that part out. The battery was far too gone even with the jump box attached. It didn't have enough power.

So now that is done I got it to fire up. But it's running super rough. I've changed the fuel pump, fuel filter, had the injectors cleaned and tested, about 6 gallons of clean gas, and new plugs. Its getting spark to all the plugs. I'm not sure what to do next.
    Hears what it looking like

Liked
    might be worth checking the timing and also the cam angle sensor. if its not misfiring then chances are the timing is out. has the engine been apart?

7. cyris3d Likes this post.

DeanS15 is offline My car is so clean you could eat off it.
    This is DeanS15's Country Flag (England)
    Liked
    Sounds like a miss... Is that a distributor on the spec s? If it is I'd be looking at that for sure. If not might be worth a compression test if there's definitely fuel and spark, also the usual make sure the leads aren't arcing to anything on their way to the plugs.

9. cyris3d, Joeh Likes this post.

Liked
    Yeah I'm going to compression test first and then go to the distributor. I'm just not sure what distributor in the US is a match for the spec s. Anyone know?

DeanS15 is offline My car is so clean you could eat off it.
    This is DeanS15's Country Flag (England)
    Liked
    There was a time when if there were any running issues the plugs, leads and dizzy were usually the culprit but as time has gone on cars simply don't have them any more now there is dis and coil on plug and it becomes lost info. If you have known the car a while and haven't done so then leads and dizzy should really be replaced as serviceable items,they shouldn't be expensive once you do find them.maybe even try a clean up of the rotor arm and points first before you replace the cap altogether to see if there's an improvement.
    Last edited by DeanS15; 12-07-2019 at 08:43.

12. cyris3d Likes this post.