What's new

How to set up the Z32 AFM to S15

M

MarcoS15

Hi
Anybody know how to setup the z32 AFM to S15 can build up more power.
Becasue I have already used the Z32 AFM now. But I feel that it is not much different as before (no Z32 AFM).
I have check that the AFM is correct. nismo 550cc. Andthen I have used the chip to upgrage in the org s15 computer. But the power is not same as I hear from anyother s15 ower.
Who can tell me why. Is that my chip setup not good?
Help!

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Moved this to "mechanical & Bodywork" Although maybe it should be in "general" area?

You wont get a power upgrade from the Z32AFM unless you're stock AFM was maxing out.

The Z32AFM can cope with more air. that's it. If you have a chip which was made for the Z32AFM you're all good :)

S

sillbeers15

Z32 AFM, 550 injectors and a bigger fuel pump are supporting parts for a bigger than stock turbo (not that much bigger....<500hp at crank) to mate to your SR20DET with the need for a programable computer or programable chip.

With no turbo upgrade, it is redundent to have these parts changed. As a matter of fact, you should feel more slugish after installing them with no proper fuel and ignition map retune cause your A/F mixture should be richer than before.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
You can't change the the AFM and injectors without a remap - full stop. It'll run like crap.

Standard AFM began maxing at the top end between 310-320bhp on my S14, and its the same AFM. Maxing = det.

M

MarcoS15

I have already change the HKS 2540 turbo.
andthen I have already install the Z32 AFM, 550 injectors and a bigger fuel pump and the chip. But I can feel and smell that the fuel is too rich.
I think the chip is not very good.

M

MarcoS15

The power is better than before. But I think it can be more powerful that if the fuel is not too rich. Becsaue it is too rich now.

Reaction score
AFM isnt the way forward :no:

MAP sensor (PowerFc D-Jetro!) forever!!! :D

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Though considerably more expensive... Z32 is perfectly up to the job so long as its a custom mapping :)

S

sillbeers15

Forget about chips unless you or whoever can reflash the memory after several dyno runs. It is out dated technology in tunning.

A programable ECM is what you need to tune your ride on dyno and road course if your aim is to have optimum power and fuel economy.

Reaction score
Forget about chips unless you or whoever can reflash the memory after several dyno runs. It is out dated technology in tunning.

A programable ECM is what you need to tune your ride on dyno and road course if your aim is to have optimum power and fuel economy.
^^^^^
:thumbs:

Hence go map sensor and PowerFc D-Jetro and get it tuned propely...

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Or get a Z32 AFM, a HDev chip, get it tuned properly and spend the big wedge difference on more mods...

PFC is good, but not the only solution.