Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked

KW Variant 3 on S15

Hello!

I've been searching the internet for quite some time now, but haven't found much useful info on KW V3 coilovers installed on an S-Chassis, regarding wheel to coilover clearance, height drop, top hats etc?

Has anyone tried the V3's on their S15 or generally any s-chassis car or knows somebody who has fitted them before?

What i've found out for now is, that ride quality is exceptionally good, and ride height seems to be generally higher on S-Chassis.

Regards, Thomas

Liked
    KW Variant 3 on S15
    @Peglio13
    My mate Jorge has them on his , will get him to respond on here

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Liked
    Hey mate, I do have them on my car, they are amazing, from factory setting you do not need to touch the softness they are really nice on the road and even on the track, because they are s14 the rears are a little long you can get low but they don’t give you that much to choose from. I would suggest getting from drift works geo master 2. It will give you thr flexibility to go even lower. You do have to buy the adjustable top mounts which by the time you do this you are close to the price of the club sports so this is something you need to consider. I have never had an issue with them. And the customer service is great. If you want to chat more about them contact me on insta my name is jorgiidej

Liked
    Thanks a lot for the help!
    Been thinking about the top mounts for a long time, but not shure i can justify the cost vs. new oem style KYB top mounts, since the car is mostly going to be built for fast backroad use.

Liked
    KW are offering £300 (350€) off retail price
    I'v just ordered a set.

I'm going to use stock rear top mounts and hoping my front Cusco adjustable OE replacement topmounts fit the KW's.

Liked
    Yes, i've seen that already, definitely going to get them, just want to know everything before finally ordering
    There are some mounts, that should fit, but from what i've read on a few forums, fabricating a washer or some sort of sleeve was necessary, in some cases

Liked
    KW Variant 3 on S15
    @ant_6rr
    A friend of mine is selling some KW v3 that he had on his Toyota GT86, not sure if they're the same for all cars with different top mounts or what but he's selling for £1000. They were only fitted for 2 months, so they're hardly used.

Liked
    This goes out to anyone from Austria and eventually Germany, that night stumble upon this thread: don't bother getting 200SX S14 KW V3, the rear shocks are longer than on the S15. Not sure about TÜV, but the civil engineer i trust my car with wouldnt write a certificate for them because of not enough suspenison travel.
    Before buying, discuss that with a knowledgeable source!

To anyone else, get them and enjoy! Haha!

Liked
    hey Tommy san do you know where exactly the differences are?
    how much cm are they longer?

Liked
    The only thing i know is, that there is a difference in length, seems like the rear dampers on S14 are shorter, but i have no idea by how much, sorry.