What's new

oil change??

P

Paddy mack

which oil for spec s none turbo??? will the 200sx or primera gt filter fit???

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Just confirmed in FAST that its exactly the same filter for all S15s. So, the S14 filter is fine.

As I said to you yesterday, if it was me, I'd stick some good quality semi-synth in at least :)

sniffy

Reaction score
Country
nicely i'm going to change the only in my can friday would semi-synth be better than fully-synth or which would be best ?

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
I'd only say semi-synth for a Spec S. Fully synth would be fine, but not really necessary unless its a Spec R.

sniffy

Reaction score
Country
thanks nicely i have one more quick question how often do you reccomend to change the oil ?

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
6k miles :) Oil analysis of SR20DETs has proven that 3k changes are total overkill and completely unecessary for normal conditions :nod: The oil is still good at 6k miles.

J

Jap Heaven

What fully synth oil do people use here? Just got mine in from Japan and want to bang some new oil and filter on

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
To be honest, unless you are going to be spending large amounts of time on track, nearly every branded fully synth 5W50 or 10W50 is as good as each other. SXOC has done quite wide ranging oil analysis tests (using Ford's testing labs) and proven this. :)